Is my ESC Killing my Batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You FOLLOW too? Where the LEADERS at
You telling me that MAN EXPERIENCE and passing it off as your own...
Show me the numbers
Nah, I have had personal experience of XT90 connectors desoldering while connecting 5Ah batteries advertised at 50C. You yourself state battery manufacturers lie about their C rating, so the discharge rate was likely lower than 50C, but let's give them the benefit of the doubt. 5Ah*50C=250A instantaneous discharged. Even if we double that, the XT90 desoldered off (a Max8) at 500A? That's barely half of the 950A that Hobbywing claims the Max8 can handle.

Nah, I have had personal experience of XT90 connectors desoldering while connecting 5Ah batteries advertised at 50C. You yourself state battery manufacturers lie about their C rating, so the discharge rate was likely lower than 50C, but let's give them the benefit of the doubt. 5Ah*50C=250A instantaneous discharged. Even if we double that, the XT90 desoldered off (a Max8) at 500A? That's barely half of the 950A that Hobbywing claims the Max8 can handle.
Now we talking.......I know they LYING..... you know they LYING but let the NUMBERS show they LYING numbers help others LEARN HOW and why WE say they LYING
WE SUPPOSE HELP GROW THE RC COMMUNITY....

Last edited:
Now we talking.......I know they LYING..... you know they LYING but let the NUMBERS show they LYING
So don't go spewing what you admit you know is misinformation, telling people that their ESC can handle what it clearly cannot.

So don't go spewing what you admit you know is misinformation, telling people that their ESC can handle what it clearly cannot.
I NEVER said it can I said FOLLOW the numbers the NUMBERS don't lie....did you not READ that part?🤔 so you did all that HUFFING and PUFFING and you don't READ. Guess I was right....YOU just FOLLOW... READ you be surprised by what you can LEARN

Last edited:
I never said it can I said FOLLOW the numbers the NUMBERS don't lie....did you not READ that part?🤔 so you did all that HUFFING and PUFFING and you don't READ.
🙄 Can't even be bothered to admit fault or clarify his incredibly misleading statement, even twisting his own words to try and prove himself right after admitting his own lie.

@Mlenn don't listen to this guy, he has been causing problems in almost every thread he enters.

🙄 Can't even be bothered to admit fault or clarify his incredibly misleading statement, even twisting his own words to try and prove himself right after admitting his own lie.

@Mlenn don't listen to this guy, he has been causing problems in almost every thread he enters.
WAIT you what him to do the NUMBERS for you? Still a FOLLOWER.
Can you guess whose a Leader
****ALL ask yall to back yall talk with NUMBERS aka Proof..... I'm the bad guy*****
Speedrunner post they GPS or what it never happened......

Last edited:
The only leading you are doing is off a cliff. Please stop before you are too far behind.
Just riddle me this.....whats your highest voltage you went? How many people doing your same EXACT VOLTAGE or you doing theirs? Idk at this point. YOU don't want to set yourself apart from the REST? YOU don't want to be YOUR OWN MAN....let me guess you and your neighbors got the same EXACT house huh..... YOU FOLLOW your NEIGHBORS TOO?? YOU went double digits YET? If not, Stay in your CROWDED LANE (10s or better) you limited by YOUR ESC OR POCKETS..... you put a LIMIT on what you can do as MAN...lets put money on it ....you staying LV just like EVERYONE else.....Which one of your LEADERS must do it first? Maybe then you nope YOU WILL FOLLOW.... You don't know any other way, you only FOLLOW what LEADERS do and CLAIM it as YOURS 👈👈👈👈🤔🤔🤔🤔...How do you pick your batteries? How do you CALCULATE amp draw. How do you know what esc and batteries can go and can't go together. You don't know how do you? Whats your esc vs battery amp draw? All that math about xt90s but no OTHER math.... YOU STARTED out right then you started GUESSING instead of DOING the NUMBERS.....You listen to others? You FOLLOW? Why all the BUTT hurt people can't answer those simple QUESTIONS. This why all the SPEEDRUNNERS like USE CASTLE.... it's a PACKAGE MOTOR AND ESC..... don't they even RECOMMEND the batteries YOU should use too..... LOL how many people burnt up something with CASTLE ESC, WITH TP MOTORS and NAME BRAND lipos ..... I know why....IT wasn't part of the package huh? Need CASTLE to do the NUMBERS for TP MOTORS too huh?
If
you not using MATH.....we are not the SAME ..... you guessing....... i make a hypothesis( supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.) Smart people learn.... wise people unlearn to relearn.....
you are what we call A VERY GOOD PAYING customer (CASHCOW)...... you always right......we don't argue with you. We collect from you ..... YOU KEEP throwing money at it UNTIL you get it right(Auto Tech by TRADE ASE certified) I keep putting on your parts you bring me but keep charging you labor($150/hr)
Don't let that go over your head

*****SOUND LIKE YOU THREW ABUNCH OF PARTS TOGETHER AND ASKING others To do the NUMBERS*****
What if they start charge for they LABOR(KNOWLEDGE)
nothing wrong with that at all but STAY on YOUR LEVEL.....It's LEVELS to THIS
LV low voltage vs HV High Voltage.....
(Auto Tech by TRADE I like CAR AUDIO
they LIE WORST )
CAR audio involves DC voltage (RC voltage) and Amplifiers(pull a lot AMPS) 👈👈👈👈 Yup that word pops up again huh....
Cyber 6K Limitless Lithium battery is what I use just to POWER my music 4.5k watts RMS voice 1500 and bass 3k
BATTERY can HANDLE up to 6K watts RMS
See that buffer room JUST IN CASE if someone's LYING.....IF the music CUT out.... (don't people ESC cut out I wonder why) and the MATH is right... SOMEONES LYING about SPECS
12v system is in the cars we drive..... how many AMPS needed for 4500watts.....
Yup math is involve...... LEARN the MATH it works for RC cars too or JUST ALL OF DC VOLTAGE my music don't cut out under heavy load..... WHY my batteries can take the AMP draw...... Do the MATH prove me WRONG (NEED proof can link you to my AUDI build thread forum).....OR just Google my USERNAME (turbo engine swap honda build, audi q7 car audio build, (26s)109v 200Amp (realize household is 110v...AC tho) eletric stand up scooter, 24v power wheels build thread).........name a few want me to continue? We are not the SAME .....you FOLLOW
Wait you follow my build THREAD you seen the 2x Skars EVL 12 1500 rms a piece subwoofers in my very FIRST post
REMEMBER what ever I say I can back up (just ask for PROOF) I'm waiting🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭
GUESS whose your LEADER FOLLOWER

Last edited:

Wow - what have I missed over the weekend - hilarious! Cheers mate - that's one angry dude!

Good grief. Someone is super stoked about Ohm’s law calculations! :rolleyes:
Lmao it's OK not knowing how to SPELL BATHROOM ..... but YOU know you to how use it right..
Are you not using ohms law but don't understand it Hint asking for HELP look at the THREAD title I'm the only one who EXPLAINED AND PROVED..... EVERYONE ELSE just TALKING......NO PROOF....guess what's PROOF.... OHMS LAW
Speedrunners use GPS for PROOF right?
Stick to CASTLE PACKAGES they do (OHMS LAW) for you...... Don't change nothing.......
If you do......how you building a EV RACE CAR without it

Last edited:
Lmao it's OK not knowing how to SPELL BATHROOM ..... but YOU know you to how use it right..
Are you not using ohms law but don't understand it Hint asking for HELP look at the THREAD title I'm the only one who EXPLAINED AND PROVED..... EVERYONE ELSE just TALKING......NO PROOF....guess what's PROOF.... OHMS LAW
Speedrunners use GPS for PROOF right?
OK I'm still learning here, and willing to learn. BUT From what you're saying, if I wanted to run say a single 4S pack through the max8, I would need to go for something like a 8000mah 120c to cover the 950A burst? Can't be right?!

OK I'm still learning here, and willing to learn. BUT From what you're saying, if I wanted to run say a single 4S pack through the max8, I would need to go for something like a 8000mah 120c to cover the 950A burst? Can't be right?!
You are correct in it being not right. He is talking out of his butt. He learned one electrical formula off Wikipedia and has no idea how to apply it. Your batteries should be enough to supply the ESC without damage, I really do think that it is just a case of premature failure from bad packs. Check out Zeee or Hoovo for inexpensive low power packs. They won't survive huge draw applications like drag or speed running, but are totally fine for bashing.

To cover your specs BASED off NUMBERS
950 AMPS is what they CLAIM MAX.... FOLLOW THE NUMBERS
SO
8000MAH 120c
8x120 is 960 amps
960x2 1920 amps
960 x4 3840 Amps

Not good enough IMHO but FROM the numbers should hold but I LIKE to add BUFFER room..... COMPANIES LIE
9000mah 120c I would look for if not double up aka PARALLEL your batteries to ACHIEVE the same RATING or BETTER......
Do the NUMBERS they help******
🚨MY OPINION ONLY 🚨

You are correct in it being not right. He is talking out of his butt. He learned one electrical formula off Wikipedia and has no idea how to apply it. Your batteries should be enough to supply the ESC without damage, I really do think that it is just a case of premature failure from bad packs. Check out Zeee or Hoovo for inexpensive low power packs. They won't survive huge draw applications like drag or speed running, but are totally fine for bashing.
Cool - got my eye on some zeee's - 80c 5000mah and already with EC5's to avoid any more of my dodgy soldering! Cheers mate - at least some people are helpful 😂

ASE CERTIFIED (DM) I give you my ASE NUMBERS you can look me up..... let you figure what what ASE mean..... can I Google your CERTIFICATIONS?

Cool - got my eye on some zeee's - 80c 5000mah and already with EC5's to avoid any more of my dodgy soldering! Cheers mate - at least some people are helpful 😂
Those 80c packs are solid basher batteries. Cheap, but as long as you take care of them, don't overcharge, keep storage charge, etc. they hold up great. If you get the soft packs, throw a layer of gorilla tape on it and check for rocks in the tray before you strap them in and you are good to go!

ASE CERTIFIED (DM) I give you my ASE NUMBERS you can look it up..... let you figure what what ASE mean
Lol, me too. Basic cause/effect thinking gets you ASE certs. No specialized training needed. Been rebuilding cars (and airplanes) since I was 11).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back