Talion Is my ESC toast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A13art

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
so I purchased a talion and just started getting into the electric scene. I have the 20tooth gear in and have been constantly over heating running 6s 7500mah 100c. However I usually just let it cool off and I am good to go after. This time I got cut off my servo got locked and my esc is blinking red. Neather the engine fans or ESC fans run I have no steering. I can still access the menu by hold the menu button by the on and off switch tho which is making me believe it may still be alive. Let me know what your thoughts are or if you have any help to test out problems to help narrow it down.

You can try re-setting the ESC. Insert battery, turn xmitter on, turn car on, press and hold set button for 4 seconds and release. Red and green lights should flash, if so turn off car and it will be reset. All the parameters will need to be set up again. After your explanation, It may be toast. It is only going to tolerate being overheated so many times. What have your motor & ESC temps been ? I have not experienced it but I seem to remember reading somewhere that a failed servo had created a similar issue. You could try unplugging it and the auxillary fan and ESC fan one at a time and see if it changes. Probably worth a shot.

Last edited:
I'm honestly kind of worried you may have burnt your receiver seeing as how you don't have control of your Servo as well. I usually test my ESC with a multimeter your ground and test your plugs however many poles you may have. Good luck and keep us posted

So quick update hobby town took a look for me and can’t figure out what’s going on ether. But to sum things up we contacted arrma and told them the situation and they will be replaceing it for me. So props to arrma for being understanding and help for. I will let you know if it ends up working when it comes in.

I'm honestly kind of worried you may have burnt your receiver seeing as how you don't have control of your Servo as well. I usually test my ESC with a multimeter your ground and test your plugs however many poles you may have. Good luck and keep us posted

When my stock ESC burnt out I had no steering either. Bought a max 6 and the steering came back.

We tried to swap receivers and we can’t even get the receivers to light up. That is why we are going to replace the ESC first. How ever I did order. “Flysky GT5” Incase to try out as well. Not sure if that was my best bang for buck tho but I will have to make a new post for that. However back to the ESC..... it’s just strange that I can go into set/menus mode so it’s not really bricked but honestly seems more faulty if it is the ESC. And dealing recicers should of helped but didn’t. I just hope I didn’t break my new “eco 120t servo in the means of all of this

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back