Outcast Is my outcast lacking power??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beefy nugz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So i just picked up my outcast. And one thing I've been wanting to do since I've seen the YouTube videos a while ago is, a rolling back flip. My first run, I could barely get this thing to wheelie. So i turned the punch setting to 9. Now it wheelies. Took out as much of the center diff fluid out as I could without pulling the gears out, replaced with 500k. She'll wheelie and flip on her back and that' it. Just dosent have that raw power I was hopping for. And this is my first time running anything on 6s. I'm using two lectron pro 3s, 11.1v, 75c, 7600 mah batteries that are brand new. Vehicle was purchased brand new

Any help would be appreciated

Have you checked to make sure that your transmitter is properly calibrated? On 4s my Outcast would wheelie for days.

Not seeing anything about transmitter calibration. Only binding....

Oh wow! Jeez this thing is literally insane now lmao. Ueah that fid it.

Did my first back flip today actually before I calibrated the throttle. Hit the ramp and gave it full throttle for a prefect sigle back flip. Im gonna have to watch that throttle finger bc I don't doubt it would do a triple now lmao

Thx for the advise btw.... Now it feels like 6s!

Hey guys, I just bought a brand new Outcast two days ago. I’m still fairly new to the RC world. Correct me if I’m wrong, but am I reading it correctly in the manual where it says the factory default for “punch” is 4? Is it a must to change it to 9 for full power? I am running a 3s 5200 50C and I cannot do the standing back flip.

Correction, I am running two 3s so I am running it at 6s power.

Does it affect the battery life? As far as actual run time? I wonder if that’s a thing
Yes it does, because it draws more amperage. You do lose some drive time, how much that is I have no idea because again I set mine to 9 before I ever even ran it.

Yes it does, because it draws more amperage. You do lose some drive time, how much that is I have no idea because again I set mine to 9 before I ever even ran it.

Got it, makes sense. I may have to test it on the 9 punch setting next time I bash at the local park.

As long as you've calibrated your throttle as described in page 27 of the manual, any punch setting will give you full power. The punch setting just determines how long it takes to reach full power when you squeeze the throttle. The higher the setting number, the shorter it takes. That why backflippers like punch 9, nearly instantaneous full power to get them around quickly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back