Notorious Is Notorious 6S V5 is good to buy or should I Buy some other model?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABBYSI

Reaction score
Hi

I am planning to buy Notorious V5 6S(New or used).
Hence, I need some advice and suggestions

>whether the Noto is actually recommended and OK to be bought Or will it be good to buy and include it in RC car list?
>Is it durable enough or is it weak and fragile & breaks a lot?
>Also after sales parts are expensive and easily available?

Hope to get some good replies and suggestions

All the 6s has the same weaknesses but the notorious will be stronger due to the shorter chassis out of the 6s line that and the typhon would theoretically be the strongest
If your willing to pay the extra money the m2c beefcake package would make it almost indestructible

Yes, it's all that and then some, but it will also wheelie like no other.
Many people get frustrated with that fact after a whole, but it's meant to do exactly that.
If that is what you want, go get it, it's on sale.

The Notorious is the most durable Arrma 6s out of the box.

Like all rtrs, the steering servo is a weak link and will need to be replaced sooner than later especially with the heavy tires the Notorious swings around. Decent servos can be had for cheap on Amazon.

The baseline 6s arrma don't have a heat sink or fan. Depending on your area we're segwaying into cooler weather and may not be necessary now, but by summer a cooling fan of some sort is recommended. Tons of good choices out there. I like the cheap surpass hobby ones.

The only big weak link on the Notorious is the wing mount. 3D RC makes a Rubber-like mount that completely rectifies this. Best $12 on a rc you will ever spend.

All Arrmas are labeled Ready To Run but generally to get the most out of them, especially the 6s with all the metal on metal fasteners, you want to over everything with a screwdriver and loctite ready to ensure everything is actually ready before you drive it.

Diff fluid is usually not filled enough either but you can absolutely get away with driving it a pack or two before you top em off. Stock is 10kF/100kC/10kR

It's a great truck. Almost on par with the 4s Maxx V1 in terms of durability.

Outcast exb

I say it will be amazing. Go with it and you will no regret it. This seems like a tough choice but trust the community when we tell you this is just the beginning. So why not start with a Notorious. Just wait until @Notorious J has a chance to respond. I bet he has some info on the Notorious.

The Notorius is good buy...especially since they're on sale at the moment. But me being a Talion man I had to chime in...you can NEVER go wrong with a TALION!!! LOL Next in line would be a Typhon. Save some money and aggravation by getting the TLR roller and putting your own electronics in. You won't regret that one either (Spektrum is TRASH)

The Notorious is the most durable Arrma 6s out of the box.

Like all rtrs, the steering servo is a weak link and will need to be replaced sooner than later especially with the heavy tires the Notorious swings around. Decent servos can be had for cheap on Amazon.

The baseline 6s arrma don't have a heat sink or fan. Depending on your area we're segwaying into cooler weather and may not be necessary now, but by summer a cooling fan of some sort is recommended. Tons of good choices out there. I like the cheap surpass hobby ones.

The only big weak link on the Notorious is the wing mount. 3D RC makes a Rubber-like mount that completely rectifies this. Best $12 on a rc you will ever spend.

All Arrmas are labeled Ready To Run but generally to get the most out of them, especially the 6s with all the metal on metal fasteners, you want to over everything with a screwdriver and loctite ready to ensure everything is actually ready before you drive it.

Diff fluid is usually not filled enough either but you can absolutely get away with driving it a pack or two before you top em off. Stock is 10kF/100kC/10kR

It's a great truck. Almost on par with the 4s Maxx V1 in terms of durability.

I say it will be amazing. Go with it and you will no regret it. This seems like a tough choice but trust the community when we tell you this is just the beginning. So why not start with a Notorious. Just wait until @Notorious J has a chance to respond. I bet he has some info on the Notorious.

the outcast was my first arrma truck loved it got me hooked on arrma (y)

The Notorius is good buy...especially since they're on sale at the moment. But me being a Talion man I had to chime in...you can NEVER go wrong with a TALION!!! LOL Next in line would be a Typhon. Save some money and aggravation by getting the TLR roller and putting your own electronics in. You won't regret that one either (Spektrum is TRASH)

Thankyou all for suggestions.
It seems like a good deal to go with Notorious. What say!!!

@Notorious J -Kindly give your opinion as well.
Also, is Notorious really 1/8th scale or is it rather 1/10th scale as its looks a little smaller?

Thankyou all for suggestions.
It seems like a good deal to go with Notorious. What say!!!

@Notorious J -Kindly give your opinion as well.
Also, is Notorious really 1/8th scale or is it rather 1/10th scale as its looks a little smaller?
Here's a pic of the Noto6s with a Slash, 3s Senton and Infraction mega to give ya an idea of size. It's a SWB, so it is a little stumpy thing! :ROFLMAO:

If you have regular access to a bashing spot, ramp, jumps, etc., then def get the Noto6s! I love mine! Sending it off the ramp is a blast! Gonna start doing some vids of it jumping over whatever I can find. Thinking through a hula hoop on fire, over a bon fire, over trampoline (made it in it already!), etc. :LOL:🤪😁

Just keep in mind that it's main purpose is wheelies, backflips/stunts, etc. It'sfast though. It's pretty 1 dimensional without upgrades, compared to other Arrmas.

😁 ✌️
20220924_172922.jpg

Oh man I love the talion too brother! I just built a stretched typhon that might as well be a talion with a typhon body haha. I dunno if I just learned something about gearing last night or not but this thing has to be the fastest accelerating rig I I've driven so far. Thing was nuts.

It has some random ebay towers but TLR shocks.

My 2nd rc was a notorious after the Vorteks I’ve tortured. Great truck no shimming the diffs or much of any maintenance, the backflip tire came unglued. It’s down for that and needs a new front bumper. Stock servo still going, overall a very fun and durable rig. My Kraton exb is a beast as well and would pick it by a small margin over the notorious.

Maybe consider the Outcast 6s EXB while it is on sale (although the Notorious is also on sale ). With the outcast you get AVC, which sometimes can come in handy. I think the body on the notorious is the best looking.

Hi

I am planning to buy Notorious V5 6S(New or used).
Hence, I need some advice and suggestions

>whether the Noto is actually recommended and OK to be bought Or will it be good to buy and include it in RC car list?
>Is it durable enough or is it weak and fragile & breaks a lot?
>Also after sales parts are expensive and easily available?

Hope to get some good replies and suggestions
CA6A906B-5298-4A49-B747-A1297B210A1F.png
Cracker’s🤗

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back