Kraton Is the 4s platform about to be updated?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoalMonkey

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that two of the main UK HS are no longer listing either of the 4s cars online. When cars are out of stock you can normally still order them and just wait for them to come back in.

I'm hoping that the 4s cars are about to receive in update (I'm hoping for a centre diff).

I noticed this with the Axial Bomber a while back, it disappeared from these sites then the refreshed version was listed a week or so later.

Any thoughts on this?

I've noticed that two of the main UK HS are no longer listing either of the 4s cars online. When cars are out of stock you can normally still order them and just wait for them to come back in.

I'm hoping that the 4s cars are about to receive in update (I'm hoping for a centre diff).

I noticed this with the Axial Bomber a while back, it disappeared from these sites then the refreshed version was listed a week or so later.

Any thoughts on this?
Yeah aparently the whole 4s is getting changed the cars are not horrible but lets just say had more issues out of the box and they also sold out like cakes because of covid maybe a v2 was already planed to compete better vs the maxx out of the box
Once modified these cars are tanks tho

They need to be updated. I seen somewhere availability late 2021. ?‍♂️

They had clutch,diff,chassi,remote,shocks,motor plate bending,awfull bumper actually not much more than the 3s line but still when you go from the mega line to brushless 3s then make it 4s should not have crossed that and should have built the 4s line from completly new the cars i found them good even if out of the box clutch will laught at you most of the time have still running composite diffs on 4s they work if you do the clutch right and everything but on 4s power clutch should not exist plastic diff should not exist not cheaping out on shocks by making them plastic and leak out of the box. My hobbyshop told me they were the worst arrma ever produced you have one side saying that and one side saying its the best arrma ever produced for the price two groups both have their explainations of why.
Jason Dearden said they will be back and bigger than ever in spring 2021
I hope it doesn't make me sell my kraton 4s i have atm? idk how much tougher its going to be than what i have now last brekage was an arm in a month and a few lost screws for the shock bottoms they get pullet out but they do back out themselves i have to keep tightening them. I suppose there is not going to have any part compability to the V1

Last edited:
They need an upgrade for sure but it’s not about having the best 4s rig. I think horizon got rid of the best budget line 4s. The Force RC Muckraker and epidemic. Besides the names they were pretty good for cheapish bashers. (Shortly after horizon bought Arrma they were gone to make room for the 4s Kraton and oc.) Three difs, and a drive train that will take 6s abuse no problem. I still have mine going strong after two years on 6s. I think I broke a couple drive pins, 2 suspension mounts and am on my 3rd body. If you find one of those they are still supported somewhat and there are some out dated duratrax buggy parts like aluminum suspension mounts and chassis braces that fit but you won’t break much...the drive train on these make the 4s Arrmas look like toy grade.

I placed the composite drive shafts for the Kraton 4S on backorder July 5th 2019 and they were just processed a few days ago. If the 4s models are discontinued why would they now shipped the upgraded parts?

I placed the composite drive shafts for the Kraton 4S on backorder July 5th 2019 and they were just processed a few days ago. If the 4s models are discontinued why would they now shipped the upgraded parts?
The 4s current parts are not going to get discontinued and there is upgraded metal shaft arrma released a few weeks ago for the 4s line

The 4s current parts are not going to get discontinued and there is upgraded metal shaft arrma released a few weeks ago for the 4s line
Metal Shaft? Are you referring to these?
SmartSelect_20200712-215937_Chrome.jpg

These are the only Arrma axle upgrades and they are composite shafts with metal axle inserts.

Yes, Dearden has stated the next 4S (next year) will be a different platform. "Bigger and better" I think was his exact words. The current version is discontinued.

I hope so, it needs it. Alot said above is so true. I have both OC and Kraton, and live them, but have ad my issues. The CVD driveshafts are so worth it, and the HR diffs are too. They have a good thing with these trucks, but to keep the 3s parts, add weight and power and call it good was not a great plan of attack for the 4s line. I think the Typhon was ok with this, but the MT is too big and heavy for the drivetrain. There is more too, like others have noted, just hope they can keep it at the same price point. That was the big decision-making thing for me was the price vs. 6s. For many the 6s are just out of reach, but i have moved into the 6s line, i knew it was just a matter of time.

They had clutch,diff,chassi,remote,shocks,motor plate bending,awfull bumper actually not much more than the 3s line but still when you go from the mega line to brushless 3s then make it 4s should not have crossed that and should have built the 4s line from completly new the cars i found them good even if out of the box clutch will laught at you most of the time have still running composite diffs on 4s they work if you do the clutch right and everything but on 4s power clutch should not exist plastic diff should not exist not cheaping out on shocks by making them plastic and leak out of the box. My hobbyshop told me they were the worst arrma ever produced you have one side saying that and one side saying its the best arrma ever produced for the price two groups both have their explainations of why.

I hope it doesn't make me sell my kraton 4s i have atm? idk how much tougher its going to be than what i have now last brekage was an arm in a month and a few lost screws for the shock bottoms they get pullet out but they do back out themselves i have to keep tightening them. I suppose there is not going to have any part compability to the V1

I can't comprehend why everyone doesn't like the 3s/4s plattform. I love my outcast 4s and sent it many times to the moon. Nothing ever broke since I put on RPM A-Arms and Typhon 6s Shocks. In contrast to the 6s platform there is no chassis bending. I look at it the other way round. Why doesn't arrma build a 6s with a Plastik chassis?

Stripped diffs. No spares till god knows. Wouldn't care if I could get hold of some. Very disappointing from Arrma and yeah I do understand the supply chain has been severely disrupted. So where is the communication from HH or Arrma? Very poor tbh. I expect better. But then from what I'm hearing good customer Comms is not HH's strength.

the little typhon 3s ( not mega ) has completely disappeared from horizon hobby uk website , love the little 3s typhon , lets hope the replacement is just as awesome

I can't comprehend why everyone doesn't like the 3s/4s plattform. I love my outcast 4s and sent it many times to the moon. Nothing ever broke since I put on RPM A-Arms and Typhon 6s Shocks. In contrast to the 6s platform there is no chassis bending. I look at it the other way round. Why doesn't arrma build a 6s with a Plastik chassis?

I’m totally with you my outcast 4s is a beast and a tank. I haven’t had the same issues as others ,I’ve upgraded some things witch I find makes it fun and unique. I hope they don’t completely change the platform just upgrade them and make them backwords compatible. I watched the interview with Jason and like he said every Arrma will break if you push it to it’s limit .Some people think these things are indestructible and try to to do crazy stuff and they break.

I agree, everyone seems to think metal parts are better, but all my troubles come from metal parts, plastic is better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back