Typhon Is the 6S or 3S typhon better for general park bashing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iLikeRCs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
So I'm looking into buying a new, secondary RC to my Kraton 6s.
I want it to be really agile, accellerate and brake quickly and be durable enough for me. (which of these cars do you think would come out of a 35mph tree hit less harmed?) I also want it to go around 40-45mph top speed. Oh and I don't want to jump high with it.
I also found a basically not worn at all, used typhon 6s V2 for 350€: https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/arrma-typhone-6s-blx/1435798414-249-7051
(350€ - price of a new typhon 3s here)

Can someone give me advice? Thank you in advance.

I have the 3s and around me there's mostly parking lots and city parks

I doubt you'll be able to go 70km/h in a park, unless it's an empty piece of green (or parking lot) in the middle of nowhere.

so 3s is more than enough imho

Bear in mind, 3s line is all plastic so if you hit a tree, you go home with the car in a bag

I'd go with the 6s. Easier to work on, shares a couple of parts with the Kraton (not much though), center diff, much more tunable. Parts available from breakers like RonsRC and Badtouch.

But that's just me, I don't like plastic 1/10 stuff ?‍♂️

You'll have to buy a receiver for it, or a complete radio if you want to be able to drive both at the same time... Well noy you, someone else :)

The 4s is definitely easier to work on but parts are not as durable and not as many upgrade options. Save the cash for EXB?

The 3s is much less louder, which could be important to some.

I donno, i have a soft spot for the 3s one, feels more nimble due to the weight difference, though it's harder to drive on surfaces that don't have much grip (due to not having a center diff)

Between the two I would go 6s especially from what you want the rig to be from your post. Only thing is that it will surpass 40-45 mph because it's wicked fast.

You already own a 6s Kraton.
I own both 3s and 6s Typhon, I would Opt for a 3s model if you think you will be beating it up.
Cheaper, easier to fix and as much fun. I don't feel so bad when I break something on the 3s model.
My 6s model has been truggified (my 3s also) and the 6s needs kraton arms, dogbones and knuckles to make it, the 3s only need bigger wheels.

General bash I takethe 3s out 7 times out of 10.
My 6s Typhon is not my speedster I use, I barely ever bring it on park sessions, I bring my 3s Typhon or Granite

Hope this helps.

I have a 3S and two of the 6S and I would be getting the 6S if it were me. You don’t have to run it on 6S for it to be fast either. I ran mine on 4S and it rips. It’s pretty insane on 6S.

FWIW -
I am generally in the "6S line is better than 3s line" camp, but -

My Granite is my most used truck. My 6s Typhon was getting neglected, so I did the "Siren" conversion - made it a 1/10 wheelbase truck. But I still used my Granite more...

But for the Typhon, yeah, I'd vote get the 6s version.

Another vote for a 6s vehicle. Because of the parts compatibility with the Kraton it seems logical to me.
Yes the diffs arms and axles are different, but still some parts interchange and that is always helpful. I agree a 6s vehicle is fairly tame yet still lots of fun on 4s. 6s it is a wild beast.

After bashing my Typhon 6S today on 4S, I could never buy a 3S again. It is just another level of awesome all around. Effortless jumps and takes one hell of a beating. Can’t imagine trying 6S with a ramp. It might get stuck in the clouds.

After bashing my Typhon 6S today on 4S, I could never buy a 3S again. It is just another level of awesome all around. Effortless jumps and takes one hell of a beating. Can’t imagine trying 6S with a ramp. It might get stuck in the clouds.

haha yeah it really is a blast. Mine even had the optional 16T pinion (stock-14t) installed so it's perfect with 4s.
I did explode the tires (I think they're actually carpet tires xD) in the 10th run or so, I now ordered some Louise B-Ulldoze for 30€+10€ Shipping

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back