Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Is the ads-7m servo internals compatiable with the ADS-5?

Discussion in 'Voltage' started by BRIAN1833, Dec 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BRIAN1833

BRIAN1833 Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    Title says it all. Are the metal internal gears on the ads7m compatible with the ads-5. The plastic gears on the ads-5 stripped on my kids truck. I did a little looking for the plastic gears but everywhere was out of stock.

One of the places I found had the ads-7 metal gears available. They look the same from pictures but without being able to physically compare them I can’t say for sure. Any help would be much appreciated

2. Nosedive4130

Nosedive4130 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    4x4-Mega
    I don't know if there would be a compatibility issue on the voltage or not, but, on the Granite and Senton 4x4's it's a direct drop in replacement for the ads-5.

The only issue that I could fathom would be if the esc on the voltage could supply enough power to it, but I personally can't see that as being an issue.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.

3. SSSF

SSSF Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury, Vorteks
    Yes, the ads7m is a drop in replacement for the ads-5.
    I have upgraded mine ads-5 after stripping the plastic gears too:mad:

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer