Granite Is the ads-7m servo internals compatiable with the ADS-5?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRIAN1833

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Title says it all. Are the metal internal gears on the ads7m compatible with the ads-5. The plastic gears on the ads-5 stripped on my kids truck. I did a little looking for the plastic gears but everywhere was out of stock.

One of the places I found had the ads-7 metal gears available. They look the same from pictures but without being able to physically compare them I can’t say for sure. Any help would be much appreciated

I don't know if there would be a compatibility issue on the voltage or not, but, on the Granite and Senton 4x4's it's a direct drop in replacement for the ads-5.

The only issue that I could fathom would be if the esc on the voltage could supply enough power to it, but I personally can't see that as being an issue.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.

Yes, the ads7m is a drop in replacement for the ads-5.
I have upgraded mine ads-5 after stripping the plastic gears too:mad:

I figured it out, the servo saver had a plastic insert that stayed on the old servo when I removed it. Pulled it off, slid it on the new servo and ta da! Thanks for the reply!

so all i could find is the ARRMA Ar390170 Ads-7m V2 Metal Servo Gear Set, but the picture doesn't match the same number of gears thats in the ADS-5.. so is the v2 different? can someone post a link to the correct gear set.

Also I saw some generic 5 wire servos on ebay with the same plug, will those work with the Arrma ESC ?

If i shop on Amazon for a servo, do I just get a 5 wire servo.. how do I know which one will work with this speed controller

The voltage esc has a second set of pins to accommodate a normal 3 wire servo. You just need to lift off the rubber tab that's covering it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back