Kraton Is the Arrma Talion discontinued?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rigcheck

smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast!
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Notorious
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 3s
I recently went on jennys rc for spares for my Talion and was met with the Talion is no longer listed on arrma website. So is to be discontinued? Or a new one in the pipeline. Anyhoo to replace it I'm thinking of the Kraton v5 or the kraton exb. Have the wrinkles been ironed out of the exb? I've got a few esc's motors lying about. Servos rx/tx as well. Or would you go for the rtr? The rtr is roughly £600 as opposed to £400 for the exb here in the UK.

I gave up waiting for the new Talion and bought a Tekno ET48 2.0 instead, I hope Arrma makes a decent go at a new version, the Talion is still my favourite Arrma.
Mine too. Which is why I'm having to look at the kraton

How do Arrma usually release / announce new models? Do they just appear on the website at some random time? Do they release some kind of teaser first? How long after release until they’re actually in the shops to buy (mostly interested in UK)?

How do Arrma usually release / announce new models? Do they just appear on the website at some random time? Do they release some kind of teaser first? How long after release until they’re actually in the shops to buy (mostly interested in UK)?
In recent history the biggest releases have had countdowns, but most have just been teased and released or just released with stock following very shortly after. In Australia they have often had the vehicles for immediate shipping the day of release.
Mine too. Which is why I'm having to look at the kraton
The Kraton is quite different, it is good, but doesn't feel as fast and nimble.

I recently went on jennys rc for spares for my Talion and was met with the Talion is no longer listed on arrma website. So is to be discontinued? Or a new one in the pipeline. Anyhoo to replace it I'm thinking of the Kraton v5 or the kraton exb. Have the wrinkles been ironed out of the exb? I've got a few esc's motors lying about. Servos rx/tx as well. Or would you go for the rtr? The rtr is roughly £600 as opposed to £400 for the exb here in the UK.
Cant say much about the v5 but ive got the exb and its a beast, i had a few issues with the rear diff but mine is from the first batch but now ive got the new way of shimming the rear diff ive had no issues yet and as far as the rest of the car its really strong and had nothing break yet(touch wood) 😃

What do you need for the talion? Most of it can be found from the other 6s rigs...

Hi
Its the v2? Or v3? V3 has 4mm shock shafts so any rod end combo for them will work. That includes the mojave rod ends/nero rodend/ and the standard rod ends
And pillow balls arent they all the same?
It's a 2018 v3. But I was hoping someone would come along a point me in the right direction as in which other model parts will work. So thanks for the help.

Its the v2? Or v3? V3 has 4mm shock shafts so any rod end combo for them will work. That includes the mojave rod ends/nero rodend/ and the standard rod ends
And pillow balls arent they all the same?
The threaded part of the shaft is the same V1-V5 so it doesn't matter.

If you have a local hobby shop they would have shock rod ends for that size shaft if doesn't need to be arrma brand.

Pillow balls are a common size on the 6s rigs, you can order them from any of the in stock cars. If you have the part number it makes it easier, Jenny's lists the part number so you know you're getting the right things.

Isn’t the talion basically a kraton with different wheels and body?
If you've never driven one, you're in for a treat when you do! The Kraton gets a lot of attention, but the Talion gets the job done without making a fuss, it's a brilliant set up, it's faster more agile, jumps as well if not better, it is lighter with more control, can still handle the rough stuff and is a weapon on hard surfaces. It really is a fantastic machine, the best of all the compromises.

If you've never driven one, you're in for a treat when you do! The Kraton gets a lot of attention, but the Talion gets the job done without making a fuss, it's a brilliant set up, it's faster more agile, jumps as well if not better, it is lighter with more control, can still handle the rough stuff and is a weapon on hard surfaces. It really is a fantastic machine, the best of all the compromises.
Sorry if i say i don't believe you on the jumping department. Out of the box i saw a couple of video of it parachuting and landing on its side. The smaller the tires and the less ballooning you get the worst the air control would be its just common sense. Just like how the typhon cant backflip unless you send it to tree hights
Im waiting for the v5 curious what they will do

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back