Big Rock Is the big rock good for bashing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freedom556

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I only have a kraton V3 and a traxxas slash (I don't really use the slash). I want a back-up bashing RC for when the kraton goes down and in waiting on parts. I cant afford another 6s so I'm looking at the big rock. How durable is it? And how is speed considering its smaller and lighter? What else would you reccomend for bashing in the same price range?

Put an mmp in the slash and run it on 4s. 2wd trucks are a lot funner than 4wd imo and the slash is a tank. Cheers.

Alright. Put in an MMP, put it in brushed mode, and run it on 4s like I said above. Just make sure you have a stockpile of titans on standby because you’ll probably get 5 runs out of each one ;)

I vote Big Rock Crew Cab and a big Yes. There are cool mods that will set you up for awesome bashing at low cost.
I also have a 2wd Slash and it's built up with RR, MIP, kinda MT Slash now ..but I don't bash it. Fun sometimes but for backflips, big jumps, dirt and asphalt, My BRCC is my 3s favorite. Beats the TRMT10E too imo and cheaper.
BRCC is versatile and lots of upgrades available even if unnecessary to have big fun out of the box..
I like the longer wheelbase BRCC but looking to get a Granite 4x4 BLX next ...so far

I only have a kraton V3 and a traxxas slash (I don't really use the slash). I want a back-up bashing RC for when the kraton goes down and in waiting on parts. I cant afford another 6s so I'm looking at the big rock. How durable is it? And how is speed considering its smaller and lighter? What else would you reccomend for bashing in the same price range?
$300 price range you can't go wrong with Arrma BLX 3s series. If you like the look of these trucks, I feel you'll get your money's worth and be motivated to upgrade just for fun. Upgrades not really necessary out of the box unless you really like to beat em up.
The BRCC can set up with hub extensions and big 2.8 tires and make it stout. The body already looks so cool and if you get bigger tires, you can beat it up. It's the kinda truck you can add bits and pieces here and there when something breaks but only if they break.
I love mine and if you've budgeted enough, the BRCC is a great value imo.
Other threads will show where it can enjoy day to day attention or maintenance like remove the wheelie bar (unneeded), or........, just let it sit back and be ready every time you want to rip 40-50mph easily. Good truck and value imo. (y)?:happy:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back