Granite Is the BRCC or Granite as capable as a TMaxx?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmcc08

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
Hey guys I'm wanting to make a move to electric- and away from Traxxas. I've owned a T Maxx and a nitro slash for a while. I really want to pull the trigger and get an electric Monster truck to bash as hard as I did my t Maxx. However I am concerned about the capabilities of these newer monster trucks. They all seem to sit lower than t Maxx's(2-2.5" as opposed to 3"+ on a t Maxx). Im worried a granite or BRCC may struggle where I used to run on tall grass(4") and really rough dirt/fields. Will they be able to perform on these surfaces or are they more geared towards flat smooth areas? I'm not too concerned with jumping them just handling rough areas. Right now I'm leaning towards the granite because it's my first electric and they are more setup out of the box. What do you guys think?

I'd stick with the T-Maxx. ?‍♂️

Hey guys I'm wanting to make a move to electric- and away from Traxxas. I've owned a T Maxx and a nitro slash for a while. I really want to pull the trigger and get an electric Monster truck to bash as hard as I did my t Maxx. However I am concerned about the capabilities of these newer monster trucks. They all seem to sit lower than t Maxx's(2-2.5" as opposed to 3"+ on a t Maxx). Im worried a granite or BRCC may struggle where I used to run on tall grass(4") and really rough dirt/fields. Will they be able to perform on these surfaces or are they more geared towards flat smooth areas? I'm not too concerned with jumping them just handling rough areas. Right now I'm leaning towards the granite because it's my first electric and they are more setup out of the box. What do you guys think?
The Big Rock CC would be closer in size to the T-Maxx. I'd go with that, a cheap Dumbo RC radio/receiver, and Typhon 3s arms with turnbuckles, then enjoy being away from Traxxas.

Last edited:

If you like the T-Maxx and want electric, why don't you get a Maxx? It's pretty damn awesome.

He's probably considering the entry price and the Maxx is overpriced imo.
Yeah since this is my first electric car I want to stay on the lower end of the spectrum.
If you like the T-Maxx and want electric, why don't you get a Maxx? It's pretty damn awesome.
Ive owned a few Traxxas cars and they just aren't durable except my old 2.5 T Maxx. I can't go bashing without ending up with a completely destroyed truck and nitro is just so finicky. I've heard/seen a LOT of good things about Arrma and want to get one. So much that I am willing to lose a little bit off-road capability to do it.

If you haven’t seen the Redcat Kaiju, check it out.
Yeah for $400 the kaiju seems pretty good. I thought redcat was kind of a sketchy brand tho? For that price is the kraton 4s better then a kaiju?

Yeah for $400 the kaiju seems pretty good. I thought redcat was kind of a sketchy brand tho? For that price is the kraton 4s better then a kaiju?
I don’t have the kaiju but a lot of guys on the forum do. There’s a many page thread here on it. Redcat is getting far better. The Gen8 Axe crawler I bought a while ago is the finest rtr I’ve ever seen. Looking forward to what else they will come up with.

Im worried a granite or BRCC may struggle where I used to run on tall grass(4") and really rough dirt/fields. Will they be able to perform on these surfaces or are they more geared towards flat smooth areas? I'm not too concerned with jumping them just handling rough areas. Right now I'm leaning towards the granite because it's my first electric and they are more setup out of the box. What do you guys think?
I have a Granite 3s BLX. It will run on 4" grass, but it gets slowed down considerably. Also the electronics get hot quickly in tall grass. Handles rough dirt well, but I definitely wish I had more power on hills. Traxxas Maxx or Kraton 4s, with the longer, wider wheelbase may be the better options for handling rough areas.

Last edited:
I have a Granite BLX and a Big Rock. In case you didn't know the big rock is a granite with a longer chassis and different tires.

Wow that looks overpriced and sloppy
The Maxx is easily the strongest RC monster truck I own. It’s insanely fast. It’s worth $800 to me and I feel like I stole it at $550. Nothing breaks on this RC! The only things you’ll be buying are tires, bearings, and bodies. It’s really only sloppy because of the incredible power and speed.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back