Is the Corally Torox 185 a rebranded Max6 or Max8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineer

🦄💩
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
Looking at the Corally Torox 185 ESC, is it a rebranded Max6 or Max8?

When I look at the manual provided by Corally: http://world.corally.com/kronos/download/C-54011_TOROX 185_manual_EN.pdf

Torox_185_Manual.jpg

It says that it's 8S and has dimensions of 70 x 56 x45.5 which seems to correspond to HobbyWing's Max6 Specs: https://www.hobbywing.com/products/enpdf/EzRunMAX5-MAX6.pdf

Max6.jpg

versus the Max8 which is 6s / 59.8x48x36.8:

Max8.jpg

However, some photos show the Torox 185 as only being labeled as 6s:

Corally_6s.jpg

and some posts here say it is a rebranded Max8: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/team-corally-python-xp-6s.15238/post-194121

So anybody know definitively whether it's a Max6 or Max8? I'm so con-fu-sed.

I believe it's the Max8, it's used in the Kronos which is a 6s truck..??
It's a Max8, which is a step above the 08BL150 that Hobbywing makes for all of them. ? or is it???

Thanks guys - not sure why the manual lists it as 8s capable with physical dimensions closer to the Max6 than Max8 when the physical ESC has "6s" labeled on it. Oh well, good to know.

The pic above definitely looks more like a max6. Maybe it’s like the rebranded hex6. There’s the 6s and 8s version but both are a rebranded max6.
Has anyone discovered if its Max6 or Max 8 or not?
Both are great but if Team Corally is shipping there 6s trucks with a Max6 equivelant then that would explane why they seem so overpowered. Good for them if thats the case!! Team Corally lists it as 185A which we all know its not 185 A....that would be closer to a Max5

Anyone know for sure??

Both are great but if Team Corally is shipping there 6s trucks with a Max6 equivelant then that would explane why they seem so overpowered. Good for them if thats the case!! Team Corally lists it as 185A which we all know its not 185 A....that would be closer to a Max5

Anyone know for sure??

I ended up ordering one and it's a Max8 ... also I found that visually, it's easy to tell what it is by looking at the fan shroud - the Max6 and Max8 fan shrouds are pretty easy to identify once you look at them side by side.

Anyone know for sure??
answering my own question here, above OP has wrong info I think, the dimentions are exactly the same as a Max8....still a great ESC and better than the stock Arrma blx 185

Old thread but I'm still confused. Manual says 185 Amps but we know it's same size as max8 but it's also known that it's more powerful so... What the heck

I would just treat it as an OEM/rebranded MAX8. The Corally Torox 185 manual has wrong specs in it including being spec'ed to handle 8S and the dimensions in the manual are also wrong. I don't know where the "185" number came from other than, and this is just conjecture, they wanted to be just like the BLX185 (which has "185" in the name but is only rated for 150 amps continuous).

I would totally agree but it does seem more powerful.. ah well I have both combos so Idc lol. Other than settling a debate with my friend haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back