Typhon Is the ESC dead after overheated motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guisseppe Leandro

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I replaced my motor after overheat problems (magnets are broken in the motor). Now I can only stear, but throttle gives no reactions. Is my ESC gone?

Rx I bet is toasted.
I’m a noob (just a few weeks into this fabulous rc racing). can you exploit me what the Rx is?
I’m a noob (just a few weeks into this fabulous rc racing). can you exploit me what the Rx is?
If you mean the reciever, is it still possible to get a stearing reaction? Cause I can still stear...

Last edited:

Rx is short for the Reciever that is listening for your remote (transmitter) to tell the car which to steer and how fast to drive.

I had the same issue once where my Rx before it totally died would only let me steer but no throttle. Then it shortly died and wouldn’t allow for either.

This happened when the esc fan stopped working and the esc shut off

Rx is short for the Reciever that is listening for your remote (transmitter) to tell the car which to steer and how fast to drive.

I had the same issue once where my Rx before it totally died would only let me steer but no throttle. Then it shortly died and wouldn’t allow for either.

This happened when the esc fan stopped working and the esc shut off
Thanks for your explaination?. The fan is working.

For now I’m afraid for a chainreaction (motor overheated -> esc down -> Rx down) and my wallet is afraid to buy parts wich are still good. Or my wallet goes empty caused by a chainreaction of damaged parts?

Check your ESC wire going to your receiver. If the white wire gets nicked or crimped hard, it may have lost the signal. Or maybe it’s plugged in the receiver backwards? Black wire goes to the outside edge, white to the center. If you still have steering, then the power is getting to the receiver, meaning it isn’t completely unplugged.

Not sure if this will help, but maybe try resetting the throttle end points in the esc.

Thanks for all the help. I will try this afternoon and let you know the outcome. Probs for the quick response. Awesome!!

Your receiver is just fine, you said you can steer.
Check the ESC wire and calibrate your ESC to the transmitter. Make sure the new motor is plugged in right.

Your receiver is just fine, you said you can steer.
Check the ESC wire and calibrate your ESC to the transmitter. Make sure the new motor is plugged in right.
Yes, I can steer. Motor is connected with the matching colors (blue on blue, orange on orange and yellow on yellow).

Is the calibrate proces described in the manual?
Don’t know how to do that.

Yes it's in the manual and also on youtube (throttle setup). Careful, I'd take the tires off, ideally nothing should happen but...

Are you sure the motor is connected right? No broken wires or bad solder joints? What motor did you install?

The motor burning out should do nothing to your calibration.

Yes it's in the manual and also on youtube (throttle setup). Careful, I'd take the tires off, ideally nothing should happen but...

Are you sure the motor is connected right? No broken wires or bad solder joints? What motor did you install?

The motor burning out should do nothing to your calibration.

Thanks for the tire advice ??.
motor is fine and I get another 2050 kv arrma motor in the shop

After a lot of hours check, double check from my really good friend, it turns out that the ESC (BLX185) is down... to bad, buy another one and good to goooo. Thanks everyone for all the input and help!! Race safe and happy??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back