Kraton Is the exb chassis made of 6061??.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I find it Hard to believe but i think the exb 8s chassi at least the first batch are made of poop Aluminium. How easily it bended vs the m2c with an hammer. The m2c didnt even flex. The exb one just bended in camera like it was nothing.

seems like its 6061 aluminium bends that easy thought 7075 aluminium was all same :confused:

We can only speculate but the information thus far certainly points to it being low grade aluminium.

It would be swell if someone with the means and equipment performed some tests, to establish how much force is required to bend an Arrma 7075 chassis versus samples of aluminium from differing sources. Some measured scientific based tests and results.

Mine bent pretty quick. I've been sending it off a ramp in a grass field, between 60-70 feet out and probably 20-30 feet up. No lawn darts. Is that extreme? Probably. Is it uncommon? Definitely not. Mine bent exactly where Duperbash showed his bending in his latest video. I'm not really surprised the truck is 33 pounds right now with batteries. I plan to run it until its too far gone and grab an M2C. All that being said, this thing is really fun and easy to drive.

I find it Hard to believe but i think the exb 8s chassi at least the first batch are made of poop Aluminium. How easily it bended vs the m2c with an hammer. The m2c didnt even flex. The exb one just bended in camera like it was nothing.
I know it's stamped junk for sure & it can bent like any other stock chassis. As per the vid, I found a local company that will cut me a fresh 1/4" bar 3.25" x 19" of 7075-T651 that I will slap to the chassis. It was $35 shipped. I can buy 3 of them for the cost a one finished "bash bar".

I can bend mine with my hands. No hammers needed. And I was a sucker who bought the bash bar. Should have just got the M2C aka REAL 7075 chassis.

I can bend mine with my hands. No hammers needed. And I was a sucker who bought the bash bar. Should have just got the M2C aka REAL 7075 chassis.
I'm about to switch over my O8S to a M2C crusher. I He-Manned the crusher over my leg & it did give a bit - very slightly, still bone straight afterwards. I did the same to the stock O8S chassis & it has permanent bow in it right in the center. The ribs did make it hard but it definitely couldn't handle all my weight like the crusher did - less than half before I felt it bending. Since the EXB is flat without any supports, I could probably bend it with very little effort at all. BTW, when I tried to bend the 1/4" bash bar wannabe, all I got was some pretty red marks on my hands :ROFLMAO:

I regret buying the EXB chassis I should have save the $50 and went with M2C

I got my EXB through Horizon Hobby Ohchie
Making Sense Ugh GIF by fakeapplejuice

How do the bend creases look? Is the surface around the bend smooth, or does it have micro fissures around it? If it is smooth, then no question, they forgot the T6 part (heat treatment!). If it has fine cracks, then it is indeed T6 and the 3mm thickness is not up to the task. 7075 is a bit stiffer than 6061, but it's not steel... Everything has its limits (unless you run a limitless). Maybe Kevin Talbot is right about it being too thin.

Are you referring to the radical rc UK bash bar? I really hope not because as of a few hours ago I have one shipping to me for my K6S EXB......

How do the bend creases look? Is the surface around the bend smooth, or does it have micro fissures around it? If it is smooth, then no question, they forgot the T6 part (heat treatment!). If it has fine cracks, then it is indeed T6 and the 3mm thickness is not up to the task. 7075 is a bit stiffer than 6061, but it's not steel... Everything has its limits (unless you run a limitless). Maybe Kevin Talbot is right about it being too thin.
this ^^^for sure.
I made my own out of 7075 T6 and had my friend do the front and tub bends. it has fine cracks along the bends. its 5mm thick and theres no way you can bend it with a hammer like that. you need raw machine shop tonnage to bend the stuff I used...

Are you referring to the radical rc UK bash bar? I really hope not because as of a few hours ago I have one shipping to me for my K6S EXB......
Yes that’s the one I bought. At the time M2C didn’t have a V5/EXB chassis yet. I should have just waited.

Crap....oh well. too late now. Is it good quality atleast? I'm not a 100' jump type of basher
Yes it will for sure hold up. It’s just almost 75% of the cost of the M2C chassis. It is a thiccc boi

The 8s exb is 5mm thick
My exb chassi on my 6s is still straight everything lines up like it should. And im not kind with it. Its my favorite rc and my go to. I got my forst m2c parts. Replaced the outdrives in the rear diff and has little to not slop now. I was thinking upgrading the center i have another pair but the driveshafts pins are half worn down🤷

A piece of 4mm 7075 sheet for a 6s chassis is about $30 at rip-off retail mail order prices. The chassis is a profile outline, a few holes and countersinks, and a wee little slot or two. The wings and rocker can be face milled or bent in a press brake... I haven't paid enough attention to the nuances, but either way it can be done in the home shop. I have a big mill, and there are a lot of other people out there with mills in their garages, university shops, work places, whatever... If I toast my chassis, I think I'm going to give knocking one off a shot.

A piece of 4mm 7075 sheet for a 6s chassis is about $30 at rip-off retail mail order prices. The chassis is a profile outline, a few holes and countersinks, and a wee little slot or two. The wings and rocker can be face milled or bent in a press brake... I haven't paid enough attention to the nuances, but either way it can be done in the home shop. I have a big mill, and there are a lot of other people out there with mills in their garages, university shops, work places, whatever... If I toast my chassis, I think I'm going to give knocking one off a shot.
The bends are by far the hardest thing. True 7075 doesn't like to bend. Front kick up can be done well in a garage type shop but the length wise bends to stiffen up the center section need serious tonnage. At least I haven't come up with a good way.

thumbnail.asp
A press brake like this would do it. I have a better press than this one, but I need to build the brake insert.

I have one similar to that here at work. I would have to make the die though. Everything we have is just specific to a few things we do with it. I do know for a fact the bottom die I used for my talion chassis was not wide enough. it dug into the 7075 and the top die sheered it in two pieces...A little grease might have helped.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back