Kraton Is the exb chassis made of 6061??.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it Hard to believe but i think the exb 8s chassi at least the first batch are made of poop Aluminium. How easily it bended vs the m2c with an hammer. The m2c didnt even flex. The exb one just bended in camera like it was nothing.
I hope my EXB chassis holds up better than the stock one, but my chassis bend was user error... if the EXB fails me I will move onto the M2C chassis

B7061A6E-7757-4975-B6FD-F2FD2109F07B.jpeg

I might need to radius the die to keep from gouging the material, but the right way to do it would be to form annealed alloy so it doesn't break, then heat treat it after forming. Easier than it sounds.

The machine turning you did to jewel the surface is definitely cute.

I might need to radius the die to keep from gouging the material, but the right way to do it would be to form annealed alloy so it doesn't break, then heat treat it after forming. Easier than it sounds.

The machine turning you did to jewel the surface is definitely cute.
Yes, annealing would be the way to go. if the exb parts are stamped (are they?) I'm sure that's what they are doing and hopefully reheat treating them.

Mine bent pretty quick. I've been sending it off a ramp in a grass field, between 60-70 feet out and probably 20-30 feet up. No lawn darts. Is that extreme? Probably. Is it uncommon? Definitely not. Mine bent exactly where Duperbash showed his bending in his latest video. I'm not really surprised the truck is 33 pounds right now with batteries. I plan to run it until its too far gone and grab an M2C. All that being said, this thing is really fun and easy to drive.
That sounds around the same jumps as I do with my EXB K8S. I bent my upper front chassis brace like a banana so some people are saying that my chassis has to be bent. I guess I'll have to take a closer look at it. I installed the front hinge retainers from M2C and everything lined up so the front is probably OK still. I'll have to double check the rear. 😅🤔

Yes, annealing would be the way to go. if the exb parts are stamped (are they?) I'm sure that's what they are doing and hopefully reheat treating them.
They say CNC 7075 but there are barely a few places where they CNC anything. The rest is stamped.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back