Kraton Is the EXB worth it???????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErockPzyk

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
So I absolutely love my brcc and plan on maybe making it 4s you know the pleasure in mods and wrenching trying new stuff. I really like the EXB , its looks and the ability to fit 2, 3s batterys stock , but I am thrown off by the reviews and fourm. Alot OF people say its ultimate roller, and others are ready to sell it because it claims to be a strong truck but dif's are blowing up and other upgrades that seem to be necessary. People of the fourm lend me your honest review of exb , because if the stock 6s platforms are more reliable then I'll go that route, I really want typhon 6s but I guess two 3s packs won't fit???

I'm in the same boat as you. Reaching my limits for the BRCC but just want a bigger second rc car. Looking to 6S and wanting the EXB but not completely sold on the very mixed feelings about it here.

So I absolutely love my brcc and plan on maybe making it 4s you know the pleasure in mods and wrenching trying new stuff. I really like the EXB , its looks and the ability to fit 2, 3s batterys stock , but I am thrown off by the reviews and fourm. Alot OF people say its ultimate roller, and others are ready to sell it because it claims to be a strong truck but dif's are blowing up and other upgrades that seem to be necessary. People of the fourm lend me your honest review of exb , because if the stock 6s platforms are more reliable then I'll go that route, I really want typhon 6s but I guess two 3s packs won't fit???
The EXB, especially in its newest form is incredible for an out of the box truck. The durability compared to the other RTR trucks is worth it in my opinion. And as far as the diffs go, if your buying from a reputable source you can always claim warranty if there is an issue. They really have gotten a lot better since initial release. They are now sending them with lsd in the rear and I prefer the open diff but they have kits for that so you can make them open if you wish. You should really crack your diffs and check fluid level no matter what ... that’s true for RTR or roller.. once filled with fluid and checked for diff snugness you should be good to go. The ring gear on the exb diffs is stronger and wider as well.

as for your typhon 6s question, you can fit two 3s packs in there fine. Just have to make sure they are the correct dimension. One that comes to mind is a gensacearespammers 4000mah 3s ... I fit 2 of those in my typhon 6s just fine.

I'm in the same boat as you. Reaching my limits for the BRCC but just want a bigger second rc car. Looking to 6S and wanting the EXB but not completely sold on the very mixed feelings about it here.
There will always be mixed feelings... I was one of those that had blown diffs and waited months before getting a new one and I’m still here telling you I like my exb. With the 6s trucks you just have to up your maintenance games... it’s not that much of a step up. Like I was saying before just check your fluids and snugness with shims and your golden. All the exb diffs I’ve been into have had proper shims just needed fluid topped off and good to go. Don’t hesitate the KEXB is a great rig.

The diff problem was only on the initial batch and is since resolved. The EXBs have stronger and better diffs than the 6s RTRs. The EXB is a great truck, highly recommended. You are experienced and like to mod and wrench - so the EXB is likely the best choice. This way you can choose your own electronics.

Anyone who is having durability issues with the Kraton EXB (excluding the initial batch with the diff shim issue) would be exploding just about any comparable truck.

The EXB, especially in its newest form is incredible for an out of the box truck. The durability compared to the other RTR trucks is worth it in my opinion. And as far as the diffs go, if your buying from a reputable source you can always claim warranty if there is an issue. They really have gotten a lot better since initial release. They are now sending them with lsd in the rear and I prefer the open diff but they have kits for that so you can make them open if you wish. You should really crack your diffs and check fluid level no matter what ... that’s true for RTR or roller.. once filled with fluid and checked for diff snugness you should be good to go. The ring gear on the exb diffs is stronger and wider as well.

as for your typhon 6s question, you can fit two 3s packs in there fine. Just have to make sure they are the correct dimension. One that comes to mind is a gensacearespammers 4000mah 3s ... I fit 2 of those in my typhon 6s just fine.
i completely agree, from what i know at least, the EXB takes a heck of a lot more beating than most of the other trucks and ive heard it's just a lot better all around.

There will always be mixed feelings... I was one of those that had blown diffs and waited months before getting a new one and I’m still here telling you I like my exb. With the 6s trucks you just have to up your maintenance games... it’s not that much of a step up. Like I was saying before just check your fluids and snugness with shims and your golden. All the exb diffs I’ve been into have had proper shims just needed fluid topped off and good to go. Don’t hesitate the KEXB is a great rig.
Thanks for the info!
Sometimes people's posts on here just seem like they're venting and it's made me hesitant. I've spec'd most of the electronics out, I'm just completely cross-wired though when it comes to choosing the ESC and motor combo as I don't just have any laying around and don't have first hand experience with anything more than my BRCC.

Thanks for the info!
Sometimes people's posts on here just seem like they're venting and it's made me hesitant. I've spec'd most of the electronics out, I'm just completely cross-wired though when it comes to choosing the ESC and motor combo as I don't just have any laying around and don't have first hand experience with anything more than my BRCC.
For ease of use and everything else id go with a max6 combo if you want big power.. Or even a max6 esc with like a hobbystar 4092.. 1730kv ideally. Some will say the 4985 is too heavy and I’d kinda agree for a minimalist’s approach to the exb..

I’m running a stock 6s system in mine.. keeping everything as light as possible with CF everywhere. Shoutout to Kimberly the @Basherqueen. Here’s a couple pics just for fun..
560E6C4A-C7D5-4CC4-A368-E8CCA1879F15.jpeg
960012F4-53BB-4007-AD7C-59985CA965E5.jpeg
E45F968A-81AA-42FC-A8BF-538DA100FA7F.jpeg

2 Venom 3s 5000 50c lipo will fit soft packs
And lectron 5200 lipo fits BUT you need the hot racing battery tray and kraton side skirts. The hot racing battery tray allows any size lipo to fit

Next to spur gear there is a metal rail there, the right side rail you don't need use side skirts as a rail lipo sizes are endless

16148068599286130766209990831381.jpg

16148069433411937336901865320712.jpg

For ease of use and everything else id go with a max6 combo if you want big power.. Or even a max6 esc with like a hobbystar 4092.. 1730kv ideally. Some will say the 4985 is too heavy and I’d kinda agree for a minimalist’s approach to the exb..

I’m running a stock 6s system in mine.. keeping everything as light as possible with CF everywhere. Shoutout to Kimberly the @Basherqueen. Here’s a couple pics just for fun..
View attachment 129825View attachment 129826View attachment 129827
Wow. That is sexy as hell. I have the CF towers, front plate, and ackerman on the way for my Notorious. I have a Quickrun 150amp ESC in there now, but I may look for a Max8 or similar to replace it - then I'll look at the ESC mount plate and the servo mount.

Hey @Basherqueen would you think of doing front and rear chassis braces? Those are some big chunks of aluminum and I imagine CF braces would be strong and lighter.

@Rcproponent how does that EXB perform? What kind of gearing are you able to run on it without going crazy with fans? I like where you are going with stock electrics and a light build. I'm going for a light Notorious with Backflip LPs and a generous helping of Basherqueen parts to lighten it up.

Last edited:
Awsome guys I have the spektrum 150amp esc combo and the dxc5 coming with a sr315 , as you can see I planned on a exb already just needed that push thanks arrma team .

Coming from or having one 4x4 rig already, the EXB would be the next step, rounding out your Arrma Stable.
Need to own a 6s rig to see what I mean.

Coming from or having one 4x4 rig already, the EXB would be the next step, rounding out your Arrma Stable.
Need to own a 6s rig to see what I mean.
Well that is the next step... to round it out he needs something like a Talion or Typhon, an Outcast 4S and at least one 8S rig. ;) A 1/5 Mojave 8S EXB would be quite the rig. :D

Oh and using all spektrum stuff as you can see I know I know bit pricey but I like it so far, I am excited to get the smart stuff all integrated so I can check temps and stuff on the fly from transmitter. Soooo that being said I don't think 2 of there hardcases will fit in typhon with out some minor modifications, all well guess I'll just have to get them all., quick 2s questions, can I use a 2s 5000mah 30c together to make 4s for my big rock???

Oh and using all spektrum stuff as you can see I know I know bit pricey but I like it so far, I am excited to get the smart stuff all integrated so I can check temps and stuff on the fly from transmitter. Soooo that being said I don't think 2 of there hardcases will fit in typhon with out some minor modifications, all well guess I'll just have to get them all., quick 2s questions, can I use a 2s 5000mah 30c together to make 4s for my big rock???
Sure, you just need a connector to wire them in series.

I have a couple of hard cases but I don't see the need for them. Soft cases are much more reasonably priced. I mean, it's in a battery box anyway. If I was strapping it to the chassis with little protection I can see using a hard case, but with the Arrma battery boxes I don't see a need.

Wow. That is sexy as hell. I have the CF towers, front plate, and ackerman on the way for my Notorious. I have a Quickrun 150amp ESC in there now, but I may look for a Max8 or similar to replace it - then I'll look at the ESC mount plate and the servo mount.

Hey @Basherqueen would you think of doing front and rear chassis braces? Those are some big chunks of aluminum and I imagine CF braces would be strong and lighter.

@Rcproponent how does that EXB perform? What kind of gearing are you able to run on it without going crazy with fans? I like where you are going with stock electrics and a light build. I'm going for a light Notorious with Backflip LPs and a generous helping of Basherqueen parts to lighten it up.
It’s fantastically flickable as I like to put it. I landed on my roof from 8’ up trying to do a triple backflip and it didn’t phase her haha. Carbon towers are unscathed. 👍🏻👍🏻 As for gearing.. I run a 15t with BF-LP’s.. seems to do alright for temps. 🤷🏻‍♂️

when I run it on a single 4s for ultimate lightweight it tends to do better. Just not as fast on the top.

As for looking for a max8 .. I know a guy with a new open box blx200 😏

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/blx-200-“open-box”-pictures-added.34911/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back