Kraton Is the EXB worth it???????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I absolutely love my brcc and plan on maybe making it 4s you know the pleasure in mods and wrenching trying new stuff. I really like the EXB , its looks and the ability to fit 2, 3s batterys stock , but I am thrown off by the reviews and fourm. Alot OF people say its ultimate roller, and others are ready to sell it because it claims to be a strong truck but dif's are blowing up and other upgrades that seem to be necessary. People of the fourm lend me your honest review of exb , because if the stock 6s platforms are more reliable then I'll go that route, I really want typhon 6s but I guess two 3s packs won't fit???
The 6s series takes either 2 3S or 1 6S..stock. I run my 6S Senton on 2 3S
Sure, you just need a connector to wire them in series.

I have a couple of hard cases but I don't see the need for them. Soft cases are much more reasonably priced. I mean, it's in a battery box anyway. If I was strapping it to the chassis with little protection I can see using a hard case, but with the Arrma battery boxes I don't see a need.
So I can, in theory, use 2 3s and 1 2s to run 8s? Lol
I know it's not recommended due to cell issues.. but...can it be done at ones own risk?

Let us know how it goes! But I think it’s a bad idea ...
Not me.. I highly doubt "dumb ass tomfoolery" is covered under Horizon's warranty of my Max 6 lol
Was only wondering exactly what would happen. Bad battery reaction, fried esc, motor, receiver, or servo etc.

Not me.. I highly doubt "dumb ass tomfoolery" is covered under Horizon's warranty of my Max 6 lol
Was only wondering exactly what would happen. Bad battery reaction, fried esc, motor, receiver, or servo etc.
Likely the batteries would drain uneven and you might lose a lipo or two or three. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’d love to see that silly harness 🤣😂

In theory it can work. Because all cells are in Series. Regardless of number of packs.
But in practice, how can you guaranty that you will have (2) 3s packs cells matched the same as that Single 2s pack. Even with same Mah, you can't know that the C ratings will match. Not realistic. I say more of performance hit than anything tragic and potential lipo damage before ESC issues. But that's just me.
I would not do that. I want 2 identical 4s packs. Same brand and all. Even Same batch if possible. In a perfect world. :cool:

In theory it can work. Because all cells are in Series. Regardless of number of packs.
But in practice, how can you guaranty that you will have (2) 3s packs cells matched the same as that Single 2s pack. Even with same Mah, you can't know that the C ratings will match. Not realistic. I say more of performance hit than anything tragic and potential lipo damage before ESC issues. But that's just me.
I would not do that. I want 2 identical 4s packs. Same brand and all. Even Same batch if possible. In a perfect world. :cool:
Thanks.. this is what I wanted. The science behind it. What you said makes sense and falls in line with the first Lipo advice a friend gave me; Buy your 3s batteries in pairs as you are more likely to get the same lot numbers.

So I absolutely love my brcc and plan on maybe making it 4s you know the pleasure in mods and wrenching trying new stuff. I really like the EXB , its looks and the ability to fit 2, 3s batterys stock , but I am thrown off by the reviews and fourm. Alot OF people say its ultimate roller, and others are ready to sell it because it claims to be a strong truck but dif's are blowing up and other upgrades that seem to be necessary. People of the fourm lend me your honest review of exb , because if the stock 6s platforms are more reliable then I'll go that route, I really want typhon 6s but I guess two 3s packs won't fit???
Read my build thread. If I had the chance to do it over. ( I almost pulled the trigger on the Kraton roller 3 weeks ago after I bought a 6s v5 RTR). I would have gone roller. Knowing what I know now? I would still go with the roller with a lot of upgrades. It would have saved me a pile of money As I’ve continued to upgrade the cars been more reliable.. ( I have been accused of jumping my Kraton off a 34 story building.lol). Like the sticker says. (Send it!). I do so regularly. If I had a roller. I would upgrade to the HR complete diff housing set up front and rear. HR rear wing holder. Proto motor/ transfer case mount/ HR steering complete components. Belted tires.and GPS! And rpm skid plates front and rear and front bumper. That’s 3-350 in upgrades.

Hey guys, I'm trying to straighten out a part fitment issue I'm seeing. So here's what I've found. The kraton exb which I own shows on the arrma website that the center tower to tower brace is at 287mm and the V5 kraton also the same brace at 287mm. No issues right?
Well Basherqueen has them listed at different lengths and even says specifically don't buy one for the wrong rig. Something is definitely incorrect or I'm confused.
I took liberty of try to measure my exb stock brace and came up with 285mm which is what Kimberly has the Carbon exb one listed at. If she is correct this would mean they are different but Arrma never showed this and Jenny's rc also would have incorrect info. What are your guys thoughts?

I like my exb a lots no diff probs running max 6 combo but I had plenty of fun with my fairly stock v4 today first time I ran it in a while. I would buy another exb simply because it’s a roller you’re not paying to replace parts you already paid for.

For ease of use and everything else id go with a max6 combo if you want big power.. Or even a max6 esc with like a hobbystar 4092.. 1730kv ideally. Some will say the 4985 is too heavy and I’d kinda agree for a minimalist’s approach to the exb..

I’m running a stock 6s system in mine.. keeping everything as light as possible with CF everywhere. Shoutout to Kimberly the @Basherqueen. Here’s a couple pics just for fun..
View attachment 129825View attachment 129826View attachment 129827
@Rcproponent is onto something here. I put together almost the exact same build with CF to lighten the truck and lower the center of gravity. I've bashed the **** out of mine and I've had WAY less issues than heavier builds I've done. I truly believe the lighter weight exponentially increases durability.

Thanks.. this is what I wanted. The science behind it. What you said makes sense and falls in line with the first Lipo advice a friend gave me; Buy your 3s batteries in pairs as you are more likely to get the same lot numbers.
Your friend knows lipo's. Follow his lead. 👍
Hey guys, I'm trying to straighten out a part fitment issue I'm seeing. So here's what I've found. The kraton exb which I own shows on the arrma website that the center tower to tower brace is at 287mm and the V5 kraton also the same brace at 287mm. No issues right?
Well Basherqueen has them listed at different lengths and even says specifically don't buy one for the wrong rig. Something is definitely incorrect or I'm confused.
I took liberty of try to measure my exb stock brace and came up with 285mm which is what Kimberly has the Carbon exb one listed at. If she is correct this would mean they are different but Arrma never showed this and Jenny's rc also would have incorrect info. What are your guys thoughts?
The T2T's are chassis length specific. v5 Kraton and EXB Kraton are identical. A LWB chassis. I noticed that Upgrade brands may differ a few mm either way.
The logic appears that there is in fact tension on the stock T2T. Noticed on the stock T2T. True for all the, SWB, LWB. Lim. chassis and XLWB chassis(Mojave)
When you install them. They don't usually drop in. You need to force them in slightly. Even a new unused 6s rig. Upgrade brands have tweaked their T2T for a certain fit based on this. What I believe to be true.

Last edited:
Not trying to change the subject here, more like an extension.
So far, I have asked 3 CF suppliers for testing specs on either the CF parts(if done) or the CF plates and shafts they use(if sourced). I love CF but have hangup with it. Some here have stated how they hold up as well or better than aluminum stock parts.
My dilemma is the titanium vs CF question. Pros and Cons. It would take awhile(1 1/2 months for the fenders) to get Ti chassis, towers, dogbones, pins and akerman. These are some weight saving options and also available in CF. The CF stuff I could have 2-3 weeks, maybe less if postal peeps would make a mistake and accidently do their jobs lol.
So I guess I'm asking any who may have experience with both...which would you go with?

Given that @Basherqueen designs and manufacturers those parts specifically she is correct. Likely Arrma has a mistake - it’s just one of a many many parts for them. Jenna will just be using Arrma’s info most likely.
Not trying to change the subject here, more like an extension.
So far, I have asked 3 CF suppliers for testing specs on either the CF parts(if done) or the CF plates and shafts they use(if sourced). I love CF but have hangup with it. Some here have stated how they hold up as well or better than aluminum stock parts.
My dilemma is the titanium vs CF question. Pros and Cons. It would take awhile(1 1/2 months for the fenders) to get Ti chassis, towers, dogbones, pins and akerman. These are some weight saving options and also available in CF. The CF stuff I could have 2-3 weeks, maybe less if postal peeps would make a mistake and accidently do their jobs lol.
So I guess I'm asking any who may have experience with both...which would you go with?

CF makes more sense to me for towers, braces, and Ackerman and everything I’ve seen here from those who have the parts have said @Basherqueen ‘a parts are very high quality.

I haven’t ordered the T2T brace yet, but the towers, top plate, and Ackerman are in the mail to me for my Notorious V4. When they arrive I’ll ping ya, I’ll shoot you my Zoom link and you can virtually check the parts out. 👍

Last edited:
Carbon fiber will give some titanium not so much , and believe it or not the carbon fiber mat is not the expensive part it's the resin you use. And even then if you don't get all the air out during laminating your part will fail eventually. If I could figure out a cheap fast way to make bodies and parts I be millionaire lmaooooo. Especially the bodies the would be light and almost indestructible, hmmm maybe some kevlar too for flexibility hmmmm , lol.

Do we actually have a xmax killer now..other than the blx series that seems to be very reliable. Maybe I will put 6s electronics in my brcc and get new 8s electronics and get this beast, ahhhh to many awsome choice's damn you arrma for making so much cool stuff.Can't wait to see some videos.

I've got the EXB with the max6 combo and she is a beast, im still learning the art of landing big jumps 😜 and she is holding up with the abuse, i would highly recommend this truck to anyone💪

Do we actually have a xmax killer now..other than the blx series that seems to be very reliable. Maybe I will put 6s electronics in my brcc and get new 8s electronics and get this beast, ahhhh to many awsome choice's damn you arrma for making so much cool stuff.Can't wait to see some videos.
Nothing compares to an xmaxx... that being said, I’ve had 3 I now have none. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Just not my thing I guess...

@Rcproponent is onto something here. I put together almost the exact same build with CF to lighten the truck and lower the center of gravity. I've bashed the **** out of mine and I've had WAY less issues than heavier builds I've done. I truly believe the lighter weight exponentially increases durability.
The lighter weight is absolutely key. I gave up my K8S and went back to a K6 (exb this time) because there is no way that a 30lb RC going 60mph can withstand much. A K6 can go 60mph and take a ton of abuse because it weighs 1/2 what the K8 weighs. The more you can lighten it up, the better -- better quickness (i.e. better wheelies and backflips), better handling, better top speed, better durability, etc., etc.

😭 I can't afford a xmaxx , lol, but I can get a exb 1/8 . Or maybe get a crawler probably less breaking stuff hahah. Took the brcc out today what a beast for my first electric ( from nitro ) I can't imagine 6s, or should I say can't wait 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back