Kraton Is the EXB worth it???????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
😭 I can't afford a xmaxx , lol, but I can get a exb 1/8 . Or maybe get a crawler probably less breaking stuff hahah. Took the brcc out today what a beast for my first electric ( from nitro ) I can't imagine 6s, or should I say can't wait 😂

If you can’t afford an xmaxx you definitely can’t afford an 8S Arrma EXB. It might be cheaper up front, but the 8S Arrmas are huge heavy beasts that WILL break things when you crash, and parts for a huge heavy and mostly metal monster like that are expensive.

So I absolutely love my brcc and plan on maybe making it 4s you know the pleasure in mods and wrenching trying new stuff. I really like the EXB , its looks and the ability to fit 2, 3s batterys stock , but I am thrown off by the reviews and fourm. Alot OF people say its ultimate roller, and others are ready to sell it because it claims to be a strong truck but dif's are blowing up and other upgrades that seem to be necessary. People of the fourm lend me your honest review of exb , because if the stock 6s platforms are more reliable then I'll go that route, I really want typhon 6s but I guess two 3s packs won't fit???
I have both the EXB and V4 Kraton. Both are superb, have modified my V4 with EXB upgrades. As said, they have addressed the diff issues, it includes shims if needed, but already comes with them installed. Take the time before the first run and take the diffs out, inspect them for fluid and fitment. I put heavier fluid in mine anyway, because the stock fluid, especially the center diff, is too loose for my liking. The chassis, and braces are worth it alone. I send mine off a ramp repeatedly, with no issues. I have had to bend my V4 chassis back to true many times. If you have the electronics, I would pick the exb for sure, cause your gonna be buying the exb upgrades for a regular Kraton within minutes of buying it. EXB parts are a little cheaper than M2C, but thats up to you. I have had no issues with my diffs, or plastics broken, and I am not nice to it. Hope this helps.

Awsome to hear , if my brcc is this tuff I can't wait for a exb lol, thanks for the input

Awsome to hear , if my brcc is this tuff I can't wait for a exb lol, thanks for the input

The big difference is weight. The BRCC may be the toughest because it is so much lighter. The larger and much heavier EXB will have much greater forces to deal with. If you put in an oversized motor like the Hobbywing 4985 and add things like M2C braces that add weight, it may not be as tough as your BRCC despite the upgraded parts.

😭 are you guys going force me to get xmax roller, its about 100 more than exb no body or wheels too.
Or maybe I'll grab a typhon 6s , can't decide

For ease of use and everything else id go with a max6 combo if you want big power.. Or even a max6 esc with like a hobbystar 4092.. 1730kv ideally. Some will say the 4985 is too heavy and I’d kinda agree for a minimalist’s approach to the exb..

I’m running a stock 6s system in mine.. keeping everything as light as possible with CF everywhere. Shoutout to Kimberly the @Basherqueen. Here’s a couple pics just for fun..
View attachment 129825View attachment 129826View attachment 129827
CF looks soooooo good on any rc. ❤️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back