Granite Is the Granite Voltage 2wd waterproof

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grasshopper72

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 6s
So im thinking about getting my son a Granite Voltage 2wd. I got ther rc itch and want him to be able to go out and bash with me also. My question is, I saw in a review that it's not waterproof because of the chip on the esc you need to move depending on type of battery you use. I plan on running 2s lipo. I live in Mn so waterproof is a necessity. Does anyone have any suggestions on waterproof esc/rx combos?

So im thinking about getting my son a Granite Voltage 2wd. I got ther rc itch and want him to be able to go out and bash with me also. My question is, I saw in a review that it's not waterproof because of the chip on the esc you need to move depending on type of battery you use. I plan on running 2s lipo. I live in Mn so waterproof is a necessity. Does anyone have any suggestions on waterproof esc/rx combos?
**EDIT**

It appears the unit is waterproof and unless you're using it as a submarine it should be fine. Also it appears it does work with a standard 3 wire servo if you want to upgrade from the 5wire. For whatever reason my 3 wire port doesn't work on my voltage ESC so that was my error.

Not waterproof. I have one and took the esc case apart and coated it with conformal coating but have not tested it. If I had to do it again I wouldn't have bought it because the combined esc/receiver hybrid is annoying. Because to upgrade the servo which will probably be one of the first things to die I have to use the same 5 wire arrma servo or replace the esc and add my own radio/receiver just to upgrade to a standard 3 wire servo.

Last edited:
I must say that both the things you said are untrue.

The ESC is said to be waterproof by Arrma, and in my experience this is true. I ran mine in the rain alot and i had no issues with it.

Also this ESC support BOTH 5 wired and 3 wired servos. It has 2 ports for servo, so if you upgrade the servo you can simply plug it into the 3 wire port.

I must say that both the things you said are untrue.

The ESC is said to be waterproof by Arrma, and in my experience this is true. I ran mine in the rain alot and i had no issues with it.

Also this ESC support BOTH 5 wired and 3 wired servos. It has 2 ports for servo, so if you upgrade the servo you can simply plug it into the 3 wire port.

While there is a 3 wire servo plug it didn't work for me when I tried to use a 3 wire servo with it. It powers the servo but didn't receive input signal and my forward/reverse also didn't work. When I plug the 5 wire servo in with the 3 wire it worked. I thought this was by design but maybe it's something wrong just with my 2in1 unit or there's a step I am missing.

In regards to waterproof I will say it's more so water resistant, not water proof. I've watched more than a few videos of voltages on YouTube dying in water, and I'm talking about submerged, not passive water like splashes from rain.

So if both my statements are untrue then I take back my statements, but based on my experience and videos of others it's not waterproof and if the 3 wire servo working on it's own is the norm then there is something wrong with my unit or I am missing something.

Last edited:
I ran this ESC/receiver combo in multiple cars for 2 years until it died (brake stopped working), 95% of the time it was with a 3-wire servo without issue. don't know why yours didnt work, but mine had no issue with the 3-wire.

I ran in snow alot altough i didnt submerged it, and again had no issues. it has gaskets for the on/off button and the servo ports. it was clearly design to be waterproof...

Thats my experience anyway.

I ran this ESC/receiver combo in multiple cars for 2 years until it died (brake stopped working), 95% of the time it was with a 3-wire servo without issue. don't know why yours didnt work, but mine had no issue with the 3-wire.

I ran in snow alot altough i didnt submerged it, and again had no issues. it has gaskets for the on/off button and the servo ports. it was clearly design to be waterproof...

Thats my experience anyway.

Then guess my unit has an issue, sounds like it holds up for the most part for most. If I actually could run a standard 3wire servo with mine I would be so happy with it.

I think your esc is bad. I bought 2 voltage trucks for my kids.replaced both servos with the stronger plastic gear servo w/3wire from arrma. We have had no problems with that set up. We beat the crap out of these trucks. We keep stripping out the tranny cups. Only three stripped cups.over the past year. 2s 5000mAh 30c with some duratrax six packs on the rear, and we have wheelies out of these trucks. So far so good! They run great and handle dam good for a100$ truck. And they handle jumps well!

Forgot to comment on water proof. So far the trucks have gotten wet running in mud and the one 4 inch snow storm we had in Manhattan N.Y.
Haven't soaked them . So far so good. I think Boaca bearings sells a water proofing or one of the bearing companies .

My nephew fried the motor on his granite voltage today. He decided to take it for a swim... now the motor grinds and squeaks when you spin the tires. It won’t turn on lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back