Typhon Is the hotracing motor mount better than stock? for 3s blx typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr63

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Deciding if i should stick with arrma stock mount or go with the hotracing one as my stock one is bent from a head on crash. hopefully someone has some experience with the hotracing motor mount

The v3 version (the adjustable one) is pretty similar to the hot racing, there's not much difference between them. i have them both. i would give a theoretical strength advantage to the hot racing one since it has some ribbing on it, that might help against bending, but i'm not sure
M2C are supposed to be mucking up a 3s motor mount soon. I use this one:

https://customrcupgrades.com/product/arrma-3s-and-4s-motor-mount/
7075 one is ideal, i was waiting for the M2C one, didnt know about the custom rc one.. thanks!

Last edited:
Still like the fixed mount from the older version......guess I’m just old school. I like adjustable mounts when I can easily see or get to the pinion...like the 6s line.

Deciding if i should stick with arrma stock mount or go with the hotracing one as my stock one is bent from a head on crash. hopefully someone has some experience with the hotracing motor mount
I got the aluminum adjustable motor mount from arrma, I think the reference is AR310898, no problems yet, and an awesome motor mount

I got the aluminum adjustable motor mount from arrma, I think the reference is AR310898, no problems yet, and an awesome motor mount
No it’s definitely not. It’s really cheaply made, will bent easily and is the primary reason of many stripped spurs.

Any 3rd party one will do a better job. But this is a common thing on Arrmas…

I seen pics of the hot racing one all bent up, and people saying it’s no different to the standard one. Me personally would go for a (customrcupgrades) mount or a (m2cracing) mount. Both 7075 t6 quality made parts.

No it’s definitely not. It’s really cheaply made, will bent easily and is the primary reason of many stripped spurs.

Any 3rd party one will do a better job. But this is a common thing on Arrmas…
I have both the Arrma and the Hot Racing one and they are both pretty much the same. From what I have seen the M2C Racing one is the one to get.

You are having issues with bending it? I have landed pretty hard on the nose and the motor mount is still okay.

Arrma has revised the super bendy motor mount with a thicker, machined aluminum mount without telling us. I bought one a few weeks ago at a hobby shop. It’s beefy.

You are having issues with bending it? I have landed pretty hard on the nose and the motor mount is still okay.
I've broken pretty much everything else on my 3s but the motor mount is still straight.

Last edited:
I banana'd mind the other weak! Do I get a prize for effort?? 😁

It's the V2 so should be pretty tough 🤷‍♂️

This looks pretty sweet, and similar cost to HR.... Don't know whether to get this or a new chassis first 🤔

🤦‍♂️
Was worth every penny for me, It’s lasting soo much longer than the stock. I’ve bashed the hell out of my big rock this motor mount has held up to everything so far.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back