Is the STX2 Really that bad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi everyone,
I have ordered an Arrma Senton Blx, it is stuck in Australia though because of this whole virus thing :( . I have done heaps of research on the car and there seems to be a huge debate over the STX2 radio. Is it really that bad? I guess it depends on your opinion or maybe some are more faulty than others. Do you think it is worth upgrading? I don't have a huge budget but the Dumborc radio on aliexpress seems good, especially for the price.
Thanks

I had one from a purchase I made on this forum. Didn’t even hook it it up , replaced first thing. Read around the forum, many horror stories about it. I’d replace it if it was mine.

i'm new to the RC world and even I can tell it sucks...haven't experienced any range issues yet mainly because i'm too scared to lose it when it's far from me, but the response definitely is slow.

At close range, it's fine. the issue is how easily the signal becomes interfered when you start to extend the distances. The problem is where it might be headed if it does lose signal.

It's bad, and worse when it runs away on its own, can you tell I love this radio!

Hi everyone,
I have ordered an Arrma Senton Blx, it is stuck in Australia though because of this whole virus thing :( . I have done heaps of research on the car and there seems to be a huge debate over the STX2 radio. Is it really that bad? I guess it depends on your opinion or maybe some are more faulty than others. Do you think it is worth upgrading? I don't have a huge budget but the Dumborc radio on aliexpress seems good, especially for the price.
Thanks
Yes.

STX2 controller delay SOLUTION!

I just ordered the Arrma Kraton 6s and I've been researching all the key upgrades. I've been reading all about the radio issues when I found this link. I thought problem solved and then I just started laughing...Needless to say I'm convinced I need to buy a new radio. It seems like anything costing more than $25 is better than the STX2. I decided to splurge and get the Spektrum DX5C. There's too many people out there complaining about the STX2 to even bother trying to use it.

Have a great day everyone! Happy Easter!
Haha, thanks for the replies everyone. I will make sure to order a new radio right away!

On a more serious note these are the radios I was looking at for replacement of the STX2.

Dumbo RC X6: https://www.banggood.com/DumboRC-X6-2...
Flysky FS-GT5: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B2SVQ3M
Spektrum DX5C: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077TFLCH2
Futaba 3PV: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IRKF2QG/

Last edited:
Mine had no major issues but its still junk, nowhere near good or safe enough for a fast RC buggy. I replaced it with a Flysky GT5 and I'm really glad I did.

I've only had my Granite out 3 times and a new radio is on my shortlist. I will say that setting the throttle endpoints helped a lot with just normal usage.

It was terrible the first time I used it, then noticable better after setting endpoints.

Is it the receiver or radio that are bad and cause the issues or both?

Is it the receiver or radio that are bad and cause the issues or both?
No way to really tell as they both use a proprietary protocol and only work with each other.

I used the STX2 radio that came with the Senton once and trying to drive it was a complete nightmare for me the delay in the steering was just turrible and I struggled to make a clean lap around the track. The throttle had a delay but it was somewhat manageable.
I swapped it a spare TTX300 and TR326 receiver and it was like driving a completely different car.

I find it unbelievable that they are still selling this CRAP radio. It is absolutely terrible.

Today me and my son was at a track with maybe 10 other cars. He usually manages the track pretty well with his Granite, but today he flipped the car every 5 meters. Finally I tried it and I could not finish a lap. There must have been over a second delay sometimes. It was completely undriveable.

It is so sad. The 3s range is soooo good value for money, but now I really feel that I cant recommend it to people that just want a RTR to have fun, since, it honestly does not work properly with this radio.

Please ARRMA (if you read this) replace this radio already. It is such a letdown for otherwise great cars!

I find it unbelievable that they are still selling this CRAP radio. It is absolutely terrible.

Today me and my son was at a track with maybe 10 other cars. He usually manages the track pretty well with his Granite, but today he flipped the car every 5 meters. Finally I tried it and I could not finish a lap. There must have been over a second delay sometimes. It was completely undriveable.

It is so sad. The 3s range is soooo good value for money, but now I really feel that I cant recommend it to people that just want a RTR to have fun, since, it honestly does not work properly with this radio.

Please ARRMA (if you read this) replace this radio already. It is such a letdown for otherwise great cars!
This was outside of the control of Arrma. When Arrma was purchased by Horizon Hobby, they were forced to use a HH brand of radio and this is what they were stuck with. Recently, it seems they finished off the billions of radios they made and have now ran out. They replaced the STX2 with the...

STX3.... ?

Seems as if it is equally as sh!tty. ????

Arrma knows very well. They are aware. They are not in control.

Will read this topic when i have time, yesterday i had the "sticky throttle" problem again and went full speed into a car.. minor damage considering the speed and crash but still, i need to adress this

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back