Typhon Is the Typhon as strong as the other 6s models?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Outcast LP, on 4s with truggy tires, is a good blend of Kraton bash-ability and Typhon handling. On 6s, with Backflip tires, it spends most of it's time with the front wheels in the air, so handling is not so great... :)

An Outcast LP sounds about right. That is pretty much what I hoped to achieve with MT tires on the Typhon.

Comparing my Outcast LP to my Typhon MT (Siren) - the Outcast wins. The Typhon with MT tires wheelies about the same as an outcast, so no real advantage on handling there. But the Outcast is wider, and has larger tires, so handling over rough ground and park grass is much better.

Once I finished my Outcast, I mostly stopped running the Typhon - I'd grab either my Granite or the Outcast - so I converted the Typhon into a speed runner.

My Outcast LP build -
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/organizing-my-spare-parts-might-build-an-rc-outcast-build.13681/

Comparing my Outcast LP to my Typhon MT (Siren) - the Outcast wins. The Typhon with MT tires wheelies about the same as an outcast, so no real advantage on handling there. But the Outcast is wider, and has larger tires, so handling over rough ground and park grass is much better.

Once I finished my Outcast, I mostly stopped running the Typhon - I'd grab either my Granite or the Outcast - so I converted the Typhon into a speed runner.

My Outcast LP build -
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/organizing-my-spare-parts-might-build-an-rc-outcast-build.13681/
With the wider arms plus the bigger tires, you get more clearance, but still get chassis slap, right? I really am liking my Typhon with 2.8MT tires on it. But I might go back to buggy tires as I now also have a ProMT.

Yeah, my Outcast (on Backflips) actually has less ground clearance than my son's Kraton (with Badland MX38s), but more than the Typhon/Siren. Running WOT across a roughish dirt lot, it does good as floating/soaking, but every now and again, the tail will smack something and over she goes - 50mph cartwheels... LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back