Vendetta Is the Vendetta a speed runner or a course racer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
  4. Talion EXB
  5. Vendetta
I've been using my Vendetta as a parking lot course racer and I think it's been great for that. It's agile, has a good neutral feel in high speed corners, has excellent brakes, and just an overall planted feel. It also shoots out of corners like a rocket and stays straight. Looking through the forums and youtube no one seems to be using it as a racer. Everyone's sticking 6s packs in them and trying to break 100mph. I think it is a good platform for a smaller speed run car, but it's capable of a whole lot more.

It makes a better racer in my opinion. It's not that smaller cars can't be speed runners, but once you hit around 100mph the lightness of the car starts working against you. I think the reason you're seeing that on Youtube though, is for one, not nearly many people actually race RCs as they used to, and second, speed running is something you can do solo, which fits into a Youtube video easier than trying to actually race it does. Also, people will pretty much try to turn anything into a speed runner, even the no-name Bangood stuff. Sometimes they're just working with what they have, and sometimes they're just seeing what the limits of a specific model are. Personally, with speed running, the chase is more exciting than the goal, meaning I enjoy the build-up and wrenching more than I do the actual speed running, and I think that's the case with a lot of people.

I don't have a vendetta, but I imagine the lack of a center diff would hold it back in any actual racing applications.

I don't have a vendetta, but I imagine the lack of a center diff would hold it back in any actual racing applications.
Not at all. It would race it a class of similarly equipped vehicles with similar capabilities. They'd all have (more or less) the same handicaps and advantages. It's basically a 1/10 touring car on a different scale than actual 1/10 touring cars (like the Tamiya's, Kyosho's, etc).

Last edited:
It's great for both. When people say they are building a vendetta speed run car they mostly just use the body or suspension components. It is a cheaper option than the infraction or limitless. You use it for what you want and what makes you happy. I would much rather race them than speed run them but to each their own.

Not at all. It would race it a class of similarly equipped vehicles with similar capabilities. They'd all have (more or less) the same handicaps and advantages. It's basically a 1/10 touring car on a different scale than actual 1/10 touring cars (like the Tamiya's, Kyosho's, etc).
It is an oversize 1/10 touring car that would need to run against the 1/8 on-road cars, but it has almost no tuning abilities...

The Vendetta is a basher, just like the rest of the Arrma line (maybe excluding the TLRTT). Yes, you can race it, but if your local track has a group of good drivers, you will never be competitive (unless you can get a spec-chassis class started for it)

It is an oversize 1/10 touring car that would need to run against the 1/8 on-road cars, but it has almost no tuning abilities...

The Vendetta is a basher, just like the rest of the Arrma line (maybe excluding the TLRTT). Yes, you can race it, but if your local track has a group of good drivers, you will never be competitive (unless you can get a spec-chassis class started for it)
I don't think he's talking about any sanctioned racing. It's no secret that it isn't built for competition racing at a prepped track. But cul de sac racing around cones with friends, absolutely.

I don't think he's talking about any sanctioned racing. It's no secret that it isn't built for competition racing at a prepped track. But cul de sac racing around cones with friends, absolutely.
I agree that for a few buddies in a culdesac or a parking lot, it will be great. But I was responding to two posts that referenced "Actual Racing", and on a real track, against real racers, while you might have fun with the right mindset, you are not going to win unless every else drives like garbage.
race it a class
any actual racing applications.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back