Is there a difference between 4s drive shafts and 3s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stiles

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Just wondering why the drive shafts from the outcast can handle 4s but everyone says the granite drive shafts can’t handle 4s. They look to be the same thing just shorter. And I would think if they are shorter they would be even stronger. Can you cut them down and make them fit then?

Just wondering why the drive shafts from the outcast can handle 4s but everyone says the granite drive shafts can’t handle 4s. They look to be the same thing just shorter. And I would think if they are shorter they would be even stronger. Can you cut them down and make them fit then?
I would just get the metal driveshafts Arrma makes for 3s/4s models.

The 3s and 4s driveshaft are functionally the same. Same u-joint, but the 4s trucks have a longer slider section. Yes, I tried the 4s version on my Granite. Was a PITA to make them work, and they still broke. I upgraded to the Arrma CVD's, no more issues.

Well, one minor issue - you have to be very careful to NOT to strip the set screw that holds the CVD to the diff output. But other than that, they are really nice.

The 3s and 4s driveshaft are functionally the same. Same u-joint, but the 4s trucks have a longer slider section. Yes, I tried the 4s version on my Granite. Was a PITA to make them work, and they still broke. I upgraded to the Arrma CVD's, no more issues.

Well, one minor issue - you have to be very careful to NOT to strip the set screw that holds the CVD to the diff output. But other than that, they are really nice.
They are out of stock. I’ll have to keep checking. Thanks

Jenny’s doesn’t have the cvd ones
I would just get the metal driveshafts Arrma makes for 3s/4s models.
What metal driveshafts? Never seen arrma ones

Last edited:
I don’t care

yrah they are still on back order
They have been on back order for what seems like an eternity. It took them over 2 years to release them, they were in stock for like a month then have been out of stock since then................

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back