Is there a fix for this...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinC

Flyboy, Cat Hoarder, Tiger Tamer, Party Crasher.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Talion
  8. Talion EXB
Hey folks. K8S question.....

Grease tends to leak past my diff outdrives a bit much......or is this the norm? Only my rear right outdrive seems dry. To me it seems excessive but what do I know...

The shims are in their proper positions and everything is buttoned up nice. I’ve had the diffs apart a few times for maintenance and such. They were also leaking when I unboxed the truck a few months back. The leak is no worse or better than when I bought it. I do put a substantial amount of grease in the case after the diffs are installed.

Would a shim on the opposite side of the diff on the outside bearing tighten things up? Does anyone else have this issue?

thx,
Kev
08F820C8-BBAE-4041-BEF7-8328C02FDD3F.jpeg

How much grease are you putting in there? You only really need enough to coat the gears.

It could be your diff leaking a little bit. Mine was leaking out of the box and still does a little bit. It looks like yours. You could open it up and tighten the screws a little bit and see if it makes a difference.

I’m putting too much grease in for sure......gobs and gobs of it, I’ll curtail that next tear down.

Jimbob, I think the screws are pretty good and snug. I have two new diff cases in the parts bin to put on but have been holding off to install until I have a cataclysmic diff event. ?.

What do you guys think of another shim on the opposite bearing? Good, Bad, Ugly? I may try it next time.

cheers,
kev

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back