Is there a gearing ratio chart with KV that exists for Arrma RCs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Guess the title says it all...Is there a gearing ratio chart with KV that exists for Arrma RCs?

Looking at spur/pinion sizes for their ratio and calculate that again battery/motor like to know if some form of a chart exists for the new school guy?

Thx

What is your overall goal? You can calculate the gear ratio and final drive ratio pretty easily and since there are really only a few choices for spur gear sizes, it's a limited number of columns. An example for the 6S TLR Typhon with 46T and 50T spur options and an internal gear ratio of 3.3 (43 crown / 13 input) would give you a chart like this:

TLRTyphon_Ratio.jpg

If you're trying to take kv, cell count and tire diameter to calculate a theoretical speed, there are online/iOS/Android calculators available.

@slick2500 @Engineer

Those both work... really being lazy not to do all the math, thx. My goal really is to take stock baselines and compare that to (for me) changing pinion and/or motor and/or battery. Seeing what the total RPM would be past stock. Looking to run cooler even at stock power. However if I can find a cheap way, I do not mind playing with motor/pinion options. In comparison, I can look at the numbers using 3S, 4S, or 6S where it applies with other power changes.

I know those are just numbers so the real-world test will show the answer. Helps to see how far I am off rpm from stock by making a few changes.

Ideally, my goal is to have the same power as a Big Rock 3200kv/3S 57/15T or stock Infraction 2050kv/150A ESC changing ESC to 160A or motor/gearing or both to run cooler but the same range of power. I'm not a power-hungry person for my RCs but I want to run efficiently and if possible cooler for the electronics.

Just late-night mind storming...

I know i'm just re-iterating, Arrma does include a basic gearing chart on the TLR manual:
Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 8.56.52.png

But it only relevant for the typhon diffs, and you'll have to calculate yourself the final rollout based on the kv, voltage and tire size.

I use this calculation to calculate the final speed, here is an example for my Infraction, that shows the stock gearing setup for 106 km/h:
Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 8.56.39.png

This is what I do. Excel or google sheets are your friend. Nothing magical here but just set up the way I like to see things and with some added info because I’m a nerd (the blue numbers). Real benefit is just seeing multiple combinations of set ups all at once to compare them. Runs the same way any of these apps do but you can page all the data at once and its stored and you can compare different set ups easily.

rc6.jpg

Parcou,

If you want to send me basic inputs i can plug in some scenarios and send them in this format if you like. Or, you can build your own following this video: (just time stamp jump to the build the formulas).

This is what I do. Excel or google sheets are your friend. Nothing magical here but just set up the way I like to see things and with some added info because I’m a nerd (the blue numbers). Real benefit is just seeing multiple combinations of set ups all at once to compare them. Runs the same way any of these apps do but you can page all the data at once and its stored and you can compare different set ups easily.

View attachment 190745
Parcou,

If you want to send me basic inputs i can plug in some scenarios and send them in this format if you like. Or, you can build your own following this video: (just time stamp jump to the build the formulas).

Wow...this is helpful. OK let me take a look the video first. Big Thx

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back