Kraton Is there a way to set the LVC on the Kraton 6s V5?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airwolf076

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey guys, the ESCs that come with the RTR seem to be running a different firmware than the Firma 150A ESCs that are sold directly. The tables for the programmable options between the two are completely different. The Kraton manual doesn't show an option to adjust the LVC. Does it exist, or did they just completely write it out of the firmware?

Whatever's in the manual is what it comes with. But you should be able to update the firmware to the standalone Firma firmware.

Whatever's in the manual is what it comes with. But you should be able to update the firmware to the standalone Firma firmware.
I see.... it's weird that they chose to nerf the firmware like this...... did they think we were too stupid to handle this much power? lol
I guess people who buy their ESCs separately are just a smarter breed.:LOL:

I see.... it's weird that they chose to nerf the firmware like this...... did they think we were too stupid to handle this much power? lol
I guess people who buy their ESCs separately are just a smarter breed.:LOL:
Manufacturers buy ESCs with less programmability to meet a price point for their RTR vehicles.

Manufacturers buy ESCs with less programmability to meet a price point for their RTR vehicles.
I don't think that's it in this case, I'm pretty sure that the ESC actually has all of the functionality, Arrma decided to use their own custom firmware which disabled some features. this was more work for them, and therefore more costly. I think the reasoning was probably something along the lines of "less is simpler and we don't want to confuse these newbies".
But in any case, only way to find out I guess is for someone to buy the programmer which goes for about $30 and attempt to use it to update the firmware.

I don't think that's it in this case, I'm pretty sure that the ESC actually has all of the functionality, Arrma decided to use their own custom firmware which disabled some features. this was more work for them, and therefore more costly. I think the reasoning was probably something along the lines of "less is simpler and we don't want to confuse these newbies".
But in any case, only way to find out I guess is for someone to buy the programmer which goes for about $30 and attempt to use it to update the firmware.
I have the programmer, but I no longer have Spektrum electronics in my Kraton 6s. I do have another vehicle with Spektrum electronics, but I don't want to mess with firmware that is working just fine.

+1
also RTR boxed Firma ESC's have differing default values from retail boxed.
Like @razorrc stated, do a F/W update.
Unfortunately you also need the Firma ESC programmer to do this. Order one. Seems you don't have it. You would have been ahead of the curve
You might not have posted this thread if you did.
Firma sucks for this reason. RTR boxed ESC's are limited needlessly for the user. Spektrum wants you to Buy their Proprietary Programmer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back