Typhon Is there an 8s Lipo which fits in stock battery tray?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko R1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
I have a stretched TLR Typhon and wondering is there an 8s (or 2 x 4s) that will actually fit in the stock battery tray & hopefully under the stock body with some spacers?

How much modding are you really willing to do? (2) 4s's will fit. I think 48mm width packs should fit. Will probably need longer velcro straps.
To date, I don't know of any single 8s brick packs that exist. And if they did, man would it be costly.
Typhon body has limited height to deal with as stated above. Also have to consider all the weight of 8 cells on one side of the rig. I always focus on keeping the chassis well balanced as best I can.

How much modding are you really willing to do? (2) 4s's will fit. I think 48mm width packs should fit. Will probably need longer velcro straps.
To date, I don't know of any single 8s brick packs that exist. And if they did, man would it be costly.
Typhon body has limited height to deal with as stated above. Also have to consider all the weight of 8 cells on one side of the rig. I always focus on keeping the chassis well balanced as best I can.
Very good point - I do have a few race kits and balance is absolute key, actually I want to get some scales for my rigs

In this instance though, mine is setup for speed runs with Kraton chassis and Hoons wheels
This is a question i should of ask before i purchase 7600 smc 4s packs 🤣🤣 i had to buy new tray and cut the whole side guard down for lipos to sit side by side but it worked great. Pics on build
Can u pls share your build link? I’d luv to see what you’ve done

8s pack right here lol. That's giant. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-5000mah-8s-65-130c-lipo-pack-xt90.html?___store=en_us

Very good point - I do have a few race kits and balance is absolute key, actually I want to get some scales for my rigs

In this instance though, mine is setup for speed runs with Kraton chassis and Hoons wheels

Can u pls share your build link? I’d luv to see what you’ve done

It doesn't show in build?

I finally found the perfect Lipo where I can stack 2x4s and WILL fit under the stock body, however, international shipping is not available as I live in Sydney Australia :(

Are there any loopholes as apparently some people use a freight forwarding company in the USA that can transport to Australia. Apparently there are many different freight forwarding companies so you do you know who I should approach here?
https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek...po-battery-15.2v-4300mah-ptk-5101-22/p1370761

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back