Is there an adapter for this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinC

Flyboy, Cat Hoarder, Tiger Tamer, Party Crasher.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Talion
  8. Talion EXB
Sorry if this has been posted before, too lazy to sift through threads. I want to run this motor with a Max6 or Spektrum 160amp…..the females on the esc are 6.5mm. Is there a motor lead adapter for this purpose?

8754EAA1-2AAD-4749-ACB0-F5C6CBD3E2F9.jpeg

Yes there is somewhere. Seen them. Can easily solder them up also, if you can solder.
I personally don't like adapters. (at motor phase wires or Lipo-ESC mains) And I like wires to be shortest runs.
To me, it goes against the grain to run them. Increases the resistance. But many use them.

Yes there is somewhere. Seen them. Can easily solder them up also, if you can solder.
I personally don't like adapters. (at motor phase wires or Lipo-ESC mains) And I like wires to be shortest runs.
To me, it goes against the grain to run them. Increases the resistance. But many use them.
Completely agree with this. Get a decent iron and start collecting commonly used connectors. I make all my own harnesses/leads etc.

I cut the wires from the bad 150 esc and solder the bullets myself still running pretty good.

Radio control power, not sure how to copy the link but I think these are what you need
If not, that'll get you close to point you in the right direction. They have what you need for sure

View attachment 264254
This is exactly what he needs and what I came in here to post haha. RCP ftw

Being as he needs to run extensions anyway he can buy an extension with 4mm on one end and whatever the Max6 is on the other, I doubt that will affect anything.

Ah thanks gents.
Its a throw together k6 I’m making because I have spare bits. I do have a 150 A ESC that works but just looking for options.
thx for the above link Josh.
cheers,
kev

Being as he needs to run extensions anyway he can buy an extension with 4mm on one end and whatever the Max6 is on the other, I doubt that will affect anything.
I see now.
I didn't know what ESC he was changing to. Needs the extensions. A Max 6.
He has no choice. :cool: (y)
@KevinC , sorry for the mix up on my part.
I hate giving misinformation, if I can help it. :cool:

I see now.
I didn't know what ESC he was changing to. Needs the extensions. A Max 6.
He has no choice. :cool: (y)
@KevinC , sorry for the mix up on my part.
I hate giving misinformation, if I can help it. :cool:
Ah no problemo, I might just stick with the 150 amp because it’s installed already and I’m lazy.🤣 but happy to know there’s an option.

cheers,
kev

I have a 4068 motor with 6.5 connectors and I’m going to solder up a couple of adapter to connect it to a 130a esc. Already have the parts and all. If you’re in the states I’m happy to make a couple for you when I get to it. Hmm, you’re in Canada it seems? Having never mailed anything to Canada from the states, is it difficult? I know, silly question but still…

@KevinC

Take my post as $0.02 only. I have used those adapater or extension similar to the ones posted and have been fine for me. I did post and asked a long time back and the replies were mixed on what to do before I did it.

My Fireteam I have a Max6 going to the stock 2050kv motor. Seeing I have a bigger ESC with more power I did not see it taking away from the stock motor.

Infraction v1 I have a Firma 160A here and with the stock 2050kv motor. Same here bigger ESC so did not see it hurting anything with the extensions

TLR has a Max8 and another 2050kv motor. With all 3 bashing for months or over year all good in MY case. I am not trying to push a 1650kv motor or anything like that with extensions.

Fireteam
1671766433064.png
1671766467451.png

Infraction v1
1671766613575.png

Typhon TLR
1671766668422.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back