Is there an idiots guide to setting up the DumboRC to a Senton 3s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matty86

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
So I bought the DumboRC for my Senton 3s after a bunch of people told me I should consider it in my initial thread on the site... But I don't know how to get it working. I need a guide that explains exactly what to do (written for someone who knows next to nothing about rc cars, so that even I can understand it.. lol). Anyone up for the challenge of explaining how to pair a controller to a car for a complete idiot!?

So I bought the DumboRC for my Senton 3s after a bunch of people told me I should consider it in my initial thread on the site... But I don't know how to get it working. I need a guide that explains exactly what to do (written for someone who knows next to nothing about rc cars, so that even I can understand it.. lol). Anyone up for the challenge of explaining how to pair a controller to a car for a complete idiot!?
I'll be happy to help. Did you replace the receiver? You'll need one to finish the transition because the radio won't bind to the stock receiver.
If you get one, we can go from there and get you set up.

I'll be happy to help. Did you replace the receiver? You'll need one to finish the transition because the radio won't bind to the stock receiver.
If you get one, we can go from there and get you set up.

See? I don't have a clue.. :( haha it did come with one but I didn't put it in. I just watched a video on how to do that, so I'll do it in the morning and post back here once I do.

See? I don't have a clue.. :( haha it did come with one but I didn't put it in. I just watched a video on how to do that, so I'll do it in the morning and post back here once I do.
You'll be fine, friend. lol. You're in the right place. Feel free to holler if you need further help and I think tomorrow you'll be back in action. ?

edit: It's a good idea to take the wheels off and have it elevated when we change receivers. Just a heads up. ?You'll probably have to re-calibrate the esc after it's all switched out and easy to do. Just helpful to restrain the truck's ability to launch during this change. ?

It's easier than it seems. The manual that came with truck has instructions on how to re calibrate it once installed. Once it's completed, you'll enjoy a much better radio and feel more confident working on the truck.

Last edited:
I have the dumbox6. Was working fine. Then one day it went wacko. Doesn't want to bind. The car randomly will take off. The transmitter blinks blue(like it used too), but then goes green and fades out. Thought dead transmitter batteries, nope. I'm at a loss and my owners manual is worthless. Any help?

I have the dumbox6. Was working fine. Then one day it went wacko. Doesn't want to bind. The car randomly will take off. The transmitter blinks blue(like it used too), but then goes green and fades out. Thought dead transmitter batteries, nope. I'm at a loss and my owners manual is worthless. Any help?
Probable the receiver imo. If you can contact somebody for a warranty, might be worth it. Otherwise I'd just buy a new receiver. If it won't bind, I suggest receiver. If it's bound and wacky, I suggest re-calibrating.

You'll be fine, friend. lol. You're in the right place. Feel free to holler if you need further help and I think tomorrow you'll be back in action. ?

edit: It's a good idea to take the wheels off and have it elevated when we change receivers. Just a heads up. ?You'll probably have to re-calibrate the esc after it's all switched out and easy to do. Just helpful to restrain the truck's ability to launch during this change. ?

Do you just kind of force the old receiver out? I have the cover off and its not coming out, and I don't want to force it unless that's what I'm supposed to do. haha

Do you just kind of force the old receiver out? I have the cover off and its not coming out, and I don't want to force it unless that's what I'm supposed to do. haha
If I remember correctly, it's held in with double sided tape. You'll want to mount the new one the same way. When I did mine, I removed the receiver box from the car to get the antenna wire routed. You may be able to get it in there without removing the box but taking the box out should also make it easier to pry the old receiver out.

I did some work on a buddy's 3s truck and the Rx was easy to pry out. I even used the same bit of tape to reinstall it, as it stayed stuck to the bottom.
But routing the antenna wire was impossible that way so when he got a new radio he had to take the box out. Such an... unsmart design.

Got it all up and running! It is a huge improvement over the STX2 that came with it, I didn't realize how bad that was until I tried out the new one.

Thanks for the help!

If its up and running and you did already calibrate the esc you might also want to look at steering endpoints. Atleast my dumbo x4 had them.

Changed my radio last night on my Kraton 6s.. and cant wait till i got time to test it :|

Edit: also there is awesome post made by JAM on all sorts of options for dumbo
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/dumbo-rc.22849/

Last edited:
If its up and running and you did already calibrate the esc you might also want to look at steering endpoints.

I second that, make sure you have calibrated the esc as described in the manual (really easy and take less than a minute to complete). I had the car try to run off on me after installing the receiver and turning off the transmitter!

If its up and running and you did already calibrate the esc you might also want to look at steering endpoints. Atleast my dumbo x4 had them.

Changed my radio last night on my Kraton 6s.. and cant wait till i got time to test it :|

I second that, make sure you have calibrated the esc as described in the manual (really easy and take less than a minute to complete). I had the car try to run off on me after installing the receiver and turning off the transmitter!

Hmm everything seemed fine but I'll look into that tomorrow night when I get home. I picked up a Traxxas Slash last night that I'm racing tomorrow for the first time haha

Hmm everything seemed fine but I'll look into that tomorrow night when I get home. I picked up a Traxxas Slash last night that I'm racing tomorrow for the first time haha
When I installed mine, everything seemed to work fine except full throttle felt a bit weak. Doing the calibration on the ESC took care of that.

It's an attractive game.
Love to hear of everyone's buys and upgrades.
I have a good Slash 2wd vxl that should be a dragster. I'm glad I didn't sell it yet. The Slash is the meta straight line speeder I'm seeing. lol I love it.

When I installed mine, everything seemed to work fine except full throttle felt a bit weak. Doing the calibration on the ESC took care of that.

You guys mean by the Senton manual right? The Dumbo manual is garbage. I'm just getting around to doing this now. lol

Correct. Should be the same as my typhon 3s.
Just make sure you release the set button when it's flashing. If you hold it too long, you'll get into the ESC settings instead.

Attachments

• Capture+_2020-07-01-12-53-46.png
    Capture+_2020-07-01-12-53-46.png
    295.5 KB · Views: 49
Correct. Should be the same as my typhon 3s.

Perfect, thanks! I went through the process that you listed and everything seems good. I'll be a little less worried when I take her out for a rip later now. Tomorrow is raceday at the local track so hopefully I make it out there and see how it hold up against people who know what they're doing!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back