Is there any Al Most Ready Run option with Arrma Cars? Lets say i want buy 5 Arrma Cars, Do i really need 5 different radios?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoonigan

Reaction score
Title says it all.

I will Actually buy Three Arrma Cars this Year

1/7 Infraction
4S Kraton
3S Shortcourse

I cant buy them all at same time.

Anyway. Do i need buy them all with Radios always?

2 radios is ok
3 is to much

I will link One to all cars.
Have one Reserve

The third car i wish i could buy without radio :)

Just buy one extra Receiver would be better.

Buy one higher end transmitter able to pair with multiple receivers. Then just activate specific vehicle you intend to run.

Example is my spektrum dx6r with pictures of vehicles added :geek:

6505E6DA-78F4-463E-B68D-B0D42E62ABFB.jpeg

@hoonigan I would agree with @joostin420 in his recommendation of buying a nice radio and using that as your default radio going forward.

The Spektrum he mentioned would be a start. I'm a Futaba fan and would recommend checking them out as well.

Anymore what I do when I get a new RTR, is that I remove the radio gear and list it on eBay or craigslist. The money I get from that is typically more than enough to buy a new receiver for my Futaba. This way I'm not out any additional money and all is good. :D

I agree with @joostin420. I would upgrade the radio system to something that can store multiple models as binding and setting up everything every time you switch vehicles would be extremely annoying. You don't need to go with the high end one that he has though. Most radios that are $100+ have model memory so that you can store up to 40 vehicles in them. I know my Futaba 4PLS and Futaba 4PM do and I love both of them. Not a fan of the feeling of Spektrum radios myself but that's my opinion. The color screen is a really nice feature though.

You guys have right.
RTR radios sucks

I will sell them all.
With that money i get then i don't need add so much more to get one good system

THANX
great ideas here

You guys have right.
RTR radios sucks

I will sell them all.
With that money i get then i don't need add so much more to get one good system

THANX
great ideas here
Every Arrma RTR will come out the box with a "garbage version" of a Spektrum radio. Literally. Whether you have 2 rigs or plan on having 10, buy a multi model radio out the gate. Don't look back.
RTR radios are budget. some are better than others. The Old Tactic TTX300 spoiled many of us as a simple and basic RTR radio that it was. With the best reviews as an RTR Boxed radio. It was 3 channel which which is above par. The RTR STX2 is by far the worst radio out there now. Not even safe to control a 14lbs rig going 40MPH. Been there done that.
I have an STX2 not even worth selling. Yet Amazon is trying to sell them for stupid money like its Gold or something to unknowledgeable folks. Horizon Hobby is also on Amazon trying to sell them at MSRP. What a joke. That radio is not worth $1.00. I mean that seriously.

Last edited:
I just bought the radiolink rc6GS radio cuz i hate the new RTR radio. So far cant complain. It stores 10 models and has a lot of features. It a budget radio but way better than the stock radio. I just like to have fun cant see myself spending 500 bucks on a radio. i paid that for my truck lol

I just bought the radiolink rc6GS radio cuz i hate the new RTR radio. So far cant complain. It stores 10 models and has a lot of features. It a budget radio but way better than the stock radio. I just like to have fun cant see myself spending 500 bucks on a radio. i paid that for my truck lol
Great choice of radio. I would not call that radio budget at all. It is feature rich radio. Now you can get the full potential of your Arrma rig. And you will never look back. I've had my $600. Futabas, I had them all. I don't race any longer in a clean venue. I can't see Crawling or Bashing in the rough holding an expensive radio walking around mud, streams and dust. Because they will break and always stress you out trying not to get it dusty and muddy or scratching the display. Because that will happen. Repairing my Futaba several times became silly. I settled on a Spektrum midrange DX5C full feature radio before The STX2 even came out. But I am satisfied . I need expo and all the bells and whistles. I am used to that. You really get more out of your rig. Spektrum makes decent radios, when you get to the $140 range. But that Radiolink has peaked my interest so much. At a great pricepoint.

The only thing i like more about my rustler than my outcast was the remote. Now my rustler might be going up got sale or i may give it to my nephew. Since my first battery packed i hated the RTR remote. Now all i wanna do is drive my outcast. I need to learn the features a lil better becuase i don't know what half of them do lol. Feels like a brand new car and i love it.

Do note that the Infraction comes with a DSMR receiver so it will bind to the higher end Spektrum radios like the DX5C and up but the other vehicles will need receivers as the STX2 uses different receivers.

The only thing i like more about my rustler than my outcast was the remote. Now my rustler might be going up got sale or i may give it to my nephew. Since my first battery packed i hated the RTR remote. Now all i wanna do is drive my outcast. I need to learn the features a lil better becuase i don't know what half of them do lol. Feels like a brand new car and i love it.
A feature rich radio makes your rig feel like a new experience.
Do note that the Infraction comes with a DSMR receiver so it will bind to the higher end Spektrum radios like the DX5C and up but the other vehicles will need receivers as the STX2 uses different receivers.
STX2 with FHSS is such old technology that keeps costs down. It is on par with sub$100.00 Toy grade RTR's. Toss it.
DSMR is the upper tier Spektrum technology which is their claim to fame. Spektrum has a strong dominance in the drone/Air category. And so does Flysky. They compete hard. Of course Futaba and Sanwa are the big guys globaly.

Last edited:
Every Arrma RTR will come out the box with a "garbage version" of a Spektrum radio. Literally. Whether you have 2 rigs or plan on having 10, buy a multi model radio out the gate. Don't look back.
RTR radios are budget. some are better than others. The Old Tactic TTX300 spoiled many of us as a simple and basic RTR radio that it was. With the best reviews as an RTR Boxed radio. It was 3 channel which which is above par. The RTR STX2 is by far the worst radio out there now. Not even safe to control a 14lbs rig going 40MPH. Been there done that.
I have an STX2 not even worth selling. Yet Amazon is trying to sell them for stupid money like its Gold or something to unknowledgeable folks. Horizon Hobby is also on Amazon trying to sell them at MSRP. What a joke. That radio is not worth $1.00. I mean that seriously.
I have 4 $1.00 radios that I can't give away, maby use them as paperweights!

STX2 with FHSS is such old technology that keeps costs down.

Radiolink is FHSS also. The radio protocols may differ from brand to brand but it's not just about the protocol that they use that necessarily makes it worse than another. I use Radiolink and never had the problems that some have had with the STX2 yet they both use FHSS.

Radiolink is FHSS also. The radio protocols may differ from brand to brand but it's not just about the protocol that they use that necessarily makes it worse than another. I use Radiolink and never had the problems that some have had with the STX2 yet they both use FHSS.
Doesn't Futaba still use FHSS?

-edit- Yes they do. And Futaba radios have some of the best range and quality out of any other company that I am aware of. So I highly doubt the FHSS has anything to do with how :poop: the STX2 is.
I do have a NIB noble nb4, but I can’t say how good it is since I use the spektrum dx6r ?
I have a DX5C but I might be getting rid of it for something else because I hate the scroll wheel and the ****ing power button getting stuck makes me want to punch babies.

Last edited:
I would love to have a Futaba or the like, but I end up sharing the cars around the kids and friends when they come over, so having them all bound to the one transmitter would be problematic for me

Doesn't Futaba still use FHSS?

-edit- Yes they do. And Futaba radios have some of the best range and quality out of any other company that I am aware of. So I highly doubt the FHSS has anything to do with how :poop: the STX2 is.

I have a DX5C but I might be getting rid of it for something else because I hate the scroll wheel and the ****ing power button getting stuck makes me want to punch babies.
My first DX5C had same issue with the power button out of the box. Sent it right back to Spektrum. Purchased direct from them. They replaced the radio and also sent me an additional Spektrum 6 channel Gyro rx along with it (AVR6000 DSMR with AVC).. Free of charge. That rx is worth $70. All I did was inquire about it when I warrantied the Radio.
I've had the DX5C for more than a year now and don't see the power button problem any longer. But that could be huge issue nonetheless. Initially I could have returned it. But took a chance on a replacement and was surprised to get their Gyro added for free. If that button became an ongoing issue it become a deal breaker. You are the first that I know who had the same issue. The DX5 Rugged improved the power switch design. And aside from its water resistant design is the same as the DX5C firmware and feature wise.

FHSS is old tech, meaning it's been around for a while. At this day and age the STX2 with FHSS operates much like a very old revision of that protocol. I'm not down playing FHSS. It's pretty much the standard for surface use. But not air, where range is more critical. Done well it works on most radios. There are many other components as well as the quality of them that will make a radio that feels disconnected with much latency. 50% of that issue I feel is with binding on the RX side. There are so many variants of Spread Spectrum on the market
I have 4 $1.00 radios that I can't give away, maby use them as paperweights!
I like to disect them then toss. Makes me feel better...lol
I agree with @joostin420. I would upgrade the radio system to something that can store multiple models as binding and setting up everything every time you switch vehicles would be extremely annoying. You don't need to go with the high end one that he has though. Most radios that are $100+ have model memory so that you can store up to 40 vehicles in them. I know my Futaba 4PLS and Futaba 4PM do and I love both of them. Not a fan of the feeling of Spektrum radios myself but that's my opinion. The color screen is a really nice feature though.
I will admit that Futaba definitely feels and operates like the better radio up to a certain pricepoint. Because I can't justify $300.+ for a radio that wI'll get a good amount of abuse. There are Sub $100. Radios that are fine.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back