Is there any problem using 7.4V for ADS-08 DIFF LOCKING SERVO?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyoungRok Kim

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Is there any problem using 7.4V for ADS-08 DIFF LOCKING SERVO?

I know EDC DIFF BRAIN is possible from 5V to 7.4V.

I would like to change the transmission to Hobbywing MAX8 so I can use the BEC to 7.4 without any extra work.

Hello,

I believe the reason the HV lockout is in place is because the brain-diff servos CANNOT handle voltage over 6V.

-c

Im with ^^.

I've heard in multiple places that its the diff brain Servos which can't handle the 6v+ the ESC can put out.

Frankly, I'm a bit irked that the brainless Neros can't do 7.4v on the BEC, because what that's telling me is that the servo is going to be even MORE underpowered because the rating they advertise is AT 7.4v.

Which frankly is false advertising.

The stock servo is putting out less than 175oz now because it's crippled to only 6v on ALL Nero models.

Hello,

I believe the reason the HV lockout is in place is because the brain-diff servos CANNOT handle voltage over 6V.

-c
thank you for letting me know.
I have to do BEC separately, so I only need 7.4V for the steering servo.

Im with ^^.

I've heard in multiple places that its the diff brain Servos which can't handle the 6v+ the ESC can put out.

Frankly, I'm a bit irked that the brainless Neros can't do 7.4v on the BEC, because what that's telling me is that the servo is going to be even MORE underpowered because the rating they advertise is AT 7.4v.

Which frankly is false advertising.

The stock servo is putting out less than 175oz now because it's crippled to only 6v on ALL Nero models.

Thank you for letting me know.
I will do the BEC separately, and I only need 7.4V for the steering servo.

It doesn't work that way. The system doesn't know which servo's you want to run in 7.4 and 6.0 unless you have some specific BEC that is per servo. I've never seen one like that.
-c

You may be able to run a parallel servo splitter and splice in a resistor to the diff brain to cut voltage down to 6.0v. That's what I am planning to do. Just need a 1.4v resistor

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back