Is there any true 1/8 scale MT worth buying?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idk, agree to disagree on the HPI parts support. I'll agree that there is more stock now that when i've last checked on some parts over the past few months. Could be that they've recently starting supplying parts again. Perhaps that coincides with the release of the "new" Savage a little while ago. But over the last few years I had watched as stock on some common parts dwindled to the point where I was buying the last few qty from some vendors (diff case, diff gears, CVDs, chassis, HD drivetrain components) and remaining vendor prices got more and more expensive. And particularly back when HPI's future was up in the air, i was sure the Bullet was on borrowed time. Maybe there's some hope. As much as I love HPI and some of the awesome trucks they've given the hobby (Vorza, OG Savage, Firestorm, Bullet), it will take some time and consistency to restore my faith in HPI's "parts are in supply".

I will definitely take a look! It's good to hear that they have pretty good parts support. I'll be doing a little more research for sure. Do parts ship from internationally, or is there any regional stockpiles they ship

Idk, agree to disagree on the HPI parts support. I'll agree that there is more stock now that when i've last checked on some parts over the past few months. Could be that they've recently starting supplying parts again. Perhaps that coincides with the release of the "new" Savage a little while ago. But over the last few years I had watched as stock on some common parts dwindled to the point where I was buying the last few qty from some vendors (diff case, diff gears, CVDs, chassis, HD drivetrain components) and remaining vendor prices got more and more expensive. And particularly back when HPI's future was up in the air, i was sure the Bullet was on borrowed time. Maybe there's some hope. As much as I love HPI and some of the awesome trucks they've given the hobby (Vorza, OG Savage, Firestorm, Bullet), it will take some time and consistency to restore my faith in HPI's "parts are in supply".

I will definitely take a look! It's good to hear that they have pretty good parts support. I'll be doing a little more research for sure. Do parts ship from internationally, or is there any regional stockpiles they ship from?
Yep! They do have regional stockpiles here. I was happily surprised when I ordered parts! That being said. When I got the truck I checked if the shocks and diffs had any oil. It came with a little bit. So I rebuilt the shocks and diffs and put my own oil. But that's half the fun, taking down an rc right? Lol.

A true scale MT should have solid axels and 4ws capability IMHO. How many trucks do you see at Monster Jam with independent suspension and 2ws? Kyosho makes some nice ones. Love my USA-1 VE.

I love my tekno mt410. Love the way it drives, the way it handles in the air, and it's sturdy as hell. I run on 4s no need for 6s.

Thats a truggy..
I think an xmaxx would be your best bet but it's more like 1/6th scale and pricey! There really isn't a true 8th scale MT. That's why i bit the bullet and got the xmaxx!
would you rather get something like an arrma fireteam or an xmaxx? I really don't know what i should get. I have a maxx and its been more durable than any other rc car ive had (ive launched it 40+ft and nothing broke). Is the xmaxx really like the maxx handling-wise?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back