Typhon Is there smart ECS technology upgrades for my 6s Typhon with spektrum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DicksonMR

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I'm looking at the Spektrum DX5C with SR610AT AVC to upgrade my Stock typhon 6S to smart technology and telemetry.
Assume BLK 185 is not smart. If I want to get ESC data included in telemetry, do I have to get a smart spektrum ECS or are there options.
I assume the BLX185 is not smart compatible. If I get a spektrum smart ECS, do I have to replace my stock 6S motor?

Thanks for quick replys. I guess another options is just upgrade the radio and receiver now, do the ECS later.
Are there any known issues or surprises upgrading the receiver (to SR610AT AVC) and keeping the BLX 185 ECS?
I'm a newbie to RC, but I'm a tech junkie, so it not like I will be competing for anything.

I just did a spektrum 150a smart esc in my kraton. Everything works great.
5F6F6778-3261-440F-8763-3756B7AFDE98.jpeg

I just did a spektrum 150a smart esc in my kraton. Everything works great. View attachment 64916
they seem to fit just being dropped in, was looking at the 100 and 150 to replace in my Notorious and Granite to get the Smart features (both have compatible receivers in them already) but was thinking about what else I could spend the £300 on to do it ... lets see the lottery is on today :ROFLMAO:

I bought the 160amp from Spektrum and it's way too big, so I have to settle for the 130 amp. I am running the SR6100AT and AVC take a lot to dial in, but will keep the vehicle straight. I'm hitting 60mph with a 26t pinion. The the Arrma esc overheats.

I'm looking at the Spektrum DX5C with SR610AT AVC to upgrade my Stock typhon 6S to smart technology and telemetry.
Assume BLK 185 is not smart. If I want to get ESC data included in telemetry, do I have to get a smart spektrum ECS or are there options.
I assume the BLX185 is not smart compatible. If I get a spektrum smart ECS, do I have to replace my stock 6S motor?

You are correct you will need to replace the ESC and the steering servo also.
I purchased the following smart tech recently to upgrade my stock typhon 6s
Firma smart ESC
SR6100AT Receiver (includes AVC and telemetry)
S6280 digital servo
DX5Pro transmitter

All the gear is installed and working, but I have some tuning that needs to be done in AVC settings, and I'm having trouble getting drive modes established.
Does anyone know of a resource where I can download "models" for typhon 6S for my DX5 pro. The included Losi models don't seem to work on my Typhon very well.
I assume raceware for DX6 transmitter is not compatible.
Enjoy great Holiday weekend!

Wow, three years later. Don't know if this will post, but I've been very happy with my telemetry upgrades described above. I also had an issue finding a downloadable model for my Typhon, just ended up creating a new one using similiar settings to the losi model. The best guide I found for configuring/tuning the AVC settings was the guide itself. https://www.spektrumrc.com/on/deman.../dw89bcbdf3/Manuals/SPMSR6100AT-Manual-EN.pdf

I'm now working on installing a Voltage Sensor to the volt port of the SR6100AT receiver to send realtime voltage levels to my DX5.
Initially I thought the SMART ESC and Batteries would send the battery data, but apparently a seperate volt sensor is required to be plugged into the receiver.

I'm a big fan of AVC controls, my 6S Rips straight on most all surfaces!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back