Is this a good 6s lipo deal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You’ll need to swap plugs but that seems like a great value

Technically yes, but it’s another part to possibly unplug as well as it adds resistance. I would recommend changing plugs ??‍♂️
You mean solder a new connector on to the lipo? That's kinda scary to me. I haven't even charged a lipo ever. I used to race old school nicad on protech 702 charger in like 1990

You mean solder a new connector on to the lipo? That's kinda scary to me. I haven't even charged a lipo ever. I used to race old school nicad on protech 702 charger in like 1990
I see two good options:

Find someone to help you solder

Find a different lipo with the right ends

I still would encourage you to try soldering too. I don’t know how much soldering you’ve done, but the risky part is cutting the old end off one side at a time. Leave the one side in the old connector while you solder the other. That way you don’t have a bare end out there flopping around.

I see two good options:

Find someone to help you solder

Find a different lipo with the right ends

I still would encourage you to try soldering too. I don’t know how much soldering you’ve done, but the risky part is cutting the old end off one side at a time. Leave the one side in the old connector while you solder the other. That way you don’t have a bare end out there flopping around.
What about changing the connector on the kraton to xt90?
Pretty sure i have seen a few people do that and possibly safer than blowing up a battery?

That’s what I’d do, but it voids the warranty.
Yeah guess i screwed up. I read the price more than the description i misread thinking it has both connectors. I could return it cancel my order but Amazon doesn't have anything decent in ec5 in that price range. That i could find .. Is using an adapter that bad?

Yeah guess i screwed up. I read the price more than the description i misread thinking it has both connectors. I could return it cancel my order but Amazon doesn't have anything decent in ec5 in that price range. That i could find .. Is using an adapter that bad?
Use the adapters. No reason to split hairs. In time you'll want to solder something consistent but no reason to care about that right now. Just blast the truck and have a good time.

Use the adapters. No reason to split hairs. In time you'll want to solder something consistent but no reason to care about that right now. Just blast the truck and have a good time.

I agree.. just use the adaptors.. no biggie.. the shorter they are the better...

What about changing the connector on the kraton to xt90?
Pretty sure i have seen a few people do that and possibly safer than blowing up a battery?
The XT90 would be a great choice. However, if you buy more Arrma or Horizon based vehicles later, you will want to change all of them too to standardize on a single connector. I have so far stuck with EC5 connectors on everything, but my Typhon 6S is going with XT150 connectors for speed runs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back