Notorious Is this a good charger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read that and was looking for that hitec one but I can't find it in stock. Thought this one may have replaced it. I also can't find the skyduo (sky something) in stock. I have the notorious and want to have the rest (battery and charger) here asap.

Do you have 6S or 3S batteries and what size?

I would not use the Hitex X4, you have 50W per port which won't even charge a standard 3S lipo in a reasonable time unless you only charge 1 per channel (1channel; = 2 ports) but if you do that you wouldn't need 4 ports.
Any charger will work but you want to be in the 150W region per output.

I recommend:
https://www.smc-racing.com/Chargers?product_id=541

The one you posted was the one i couldnt find in stock. Seemed like in the sticky, that was a favorite. Is it worth $70 more than jkflows recommenadtion?

Yes, it can be overwhelming.

For Lipo's stay in the 5-6000 mAh range. The Zee brand is ok, I use them myself. Do not use teh 4000mAh ones, just less duration and less fun.

Key for a charger is that you want to be able to charge at a '1C' or better rate or you just waist time.
You want to calculate your battery Ex 5000mAh(5Ah) for 6S = 23V * 5A= ~115W. That will take roughly 1h to complete.
That is the rating you want to have minimum on a charger port. Half the rating doubles the time etc.
Very capable charger but you would also need a DC power supply to make it work, add another ~$100.

Ok, so, everything I told the fam to get me for bday may be wrong. I'm going with jkflows recommendation. I need to figure out the right batteries now.

This looks like a high rated one

Ovonic 50C 3S 7600mAh 11.1V Lipo Battery with EC5 Connector for Arrma Kraton Outcast Notorious Senton Typhon Arrma 3S Losi 1/8 1/5 1/6 Truck​

Wanted 2 of these and 2 6s if I can find them cheap

Ive been using the Ultra Power UP 240 Quad for over a year now and love it. I got it for $169 new at the time. Port numbers 1 and 2 will charge at 5.2amps each with a 6s Lipo, and the other 2 ports at 4amps if you are using AC only. If you use DC it has more power available but Ive never used it via DC yet. Im able to charge up 2 Hoovo 6s 6000mah packs in about 40 minutes via AC 120. In the year Ive used it Ive never had any problems at all. One of the 2 fans got a bit loud once so I installed some grommets behind the mounting screws and that solved that. If I remember right it only comes with 2 charge and 2 boards so you might need to order more if you plan on charging more than 2. I use mine with 4 IC5 leads I have. Heres an Ebay link if you are interested. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Ultra+Power+UP240&_sacat=0
UP240 Quad.jpg
61PsuxG87ML._AC_SL1420_.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back