Outcast Is this an ESC issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jase

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
I was out with my Outcast 6S EXB RTR tonight and running it on a field when it just stopped.

Initially I thought the battery cables had parted but they were OK and fans were still running. I had no steering, acceleration and the battery level was no longer showing on the remote.

Could this be an issue with the ESC or a remote/receiver issue and if so how can I test/fix it?

If the fans stopped i would have guessed the bec (5v from the esc) would be bad and longer gave power to the receiver.
But if they still ran i'd think it likely is you receiver. Does the led stil light up?

The green LED on start up? is so yes that does light up.

The green led is on the radio (transmitter), the receiver should have a red led.

If the receiver shows any sign of life, but the car does not respond to steering/throttle you could try to bind it again.

The green led is on the radio (transmitter), the receiver should have a red led.

If the receiver shows any sign of life, but the car does not respond to steering/throttle you could try to bind it again.

OK thanks. I haven't looked to see if there was a light on the receiver, I'll do that tomorrow.

Glad you got it sorted..đź‘Ť.. Unfortunately this has been pretty common.. The servo gets wiped out and it shorts the Bec..

Honestly, any brand servo will work, keep in mind you may need to swap out the servo arm as spektrum has that newer spline count.. I'd recommend any servo higher than 30kg

Great you sorted it out.
Hopefully the ESC's BEC did not short out which happens many times with the BS Spektrum stocker Servos.
I run (8) DS3235 servos in all my 6s rigs. None failed in almost 2 years now.
35 kgs. $34.00 Amazon. Yeah I recommend the OE Arrma 25 spline arm for any 6s rig. $18.00. This DS3235 servo comes with a 25 spline "universal" servo arm in the box...But I don't use it. Doesn't fit best IMHO.

Hi all,

Replaced the servo with a third party version. Had my first bash with it today and had some issues as follows:

1) If I use AVC the car pretty much goes around in circles, only way to use it now is with AVC turned all the way down/off
2) I lost power a on 2 sets of batteries (Spektrum Smart Batteries) . The remote control indicator still showed 1 light and had not beeped. The truck used to cut off about 3.7 I think but when I checked the batteries they were down to about 3.1 with one cell showing 2.9

Any ideas please?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back