Is this battery salvageable?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walküre

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
First off, I have all the parts to fix the wreck. Concrete skate park sounded grate till I went Duperbash off one of the steep jumps and landed directly on its left side wheel nuts. The front axil looks like a boomerang. The rear popped out and bounced around. Front and rear hubs are snapped in 2. Thank god for my impulse purchase from Jenny’s, lol. I have all the parts.

I realized I cracked the case on my 4s hard case battery. What can I do to save the battery?

Nothing is wrong with it but the thin plastic case. Can I make it a soft case battery?

Keep a very close eye on it - if it doesn't start puffing, I'd just throw some duct tape or Gorilla tape on it. You could get fancy and a cut a piece of plastic to fill in under the tape.

Probably best to find some sort of thin plastic to lay in there to protect it from sticks and whatnot, then wrap it with some good tape. At the very least, wrap it with tape so rocks and stuff don't get in there and cause wear holes in the cells. Pretty much every soft pack out there has an aluminum sheet or some sort of composite shell protecting the cells under the skin. When you take the tape/skin off, you see what your seeing there, which is the raw cell.

Thanks for the info guys. I’ll come up with a solution with your suggestions and I will be watching it for a day or so.

The crash was spectacular, lol. The kids at the park were astonished by how high it got in the air. I just had a talk with my daughter about not driving crazy and braking her car...

Fixed everything but the hinge pin screw in the rear hub. I’m hoping my local HS has one.

Lol, I just gave it a full tune up with pretty Hot Racing dust over wheel nuts too. I’m hoping I didn’t blast any other parts. I’ll find out when I put the last part on today...

I see some puff.. that's usually not a good sign. But if it charges to 4.2volts I would keep using it.. You can always save the good cells, and when you get enough to make a new pack solder them back together.. ok maybe I'm the only one I know doing this.. but I have never had an issues and I've saved several batteries now by remove bad cells from two packs and making one pack from the good cell.s

Attachments

• Dead Cells.jpg
    Dead Cells.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 46
  • Good cells.jpg
    Good cells.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 50
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back