Is this charger any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0FG

ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Vorteks
Hey guys,

I have a new notorious that I’m waiting to run! (Battery is on its way!)

I have a question though. I have a charger that I purchased about 9 years ago (Hyperion EOS 0606i ac/dc)... will this take forever to charge a 6s 5000mah lipo? Will it be suffice? I’m worried because if it’s age. Should I get something better?

It has been so long, I forget about the charge rates and such.

Thanks guy!

I have that charger and like it, but a 6S will take forever to charge. I use it to charge 2 and 3 cell and probably did a 4s before. It's age doesn't mean anything as long as it works properly. It will suffice for lower cell count, but you should get something better for 6s charging. I still use my 606i a lot because I'm so use to using it, the only thing I don't like is that it doesn't storage charge, I have a early model but heard the later ones have a storage feature.

Thank you guys!!

How long approx. of a charge would I be looking at?

I purchased my first charger from Amazon when I started this hobby about 8 months back. The charger served the purpose of my journey.
8 months later ($3k), Senton 3s BLX, Senton 6S, Kraton EXB, Felony, Traxxas 1/10 Scale 4-Tec 2.0, and tons of upgrades, blood, sweat, and tears.
I own a Spektrum charger.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...MI-ODU_KCt7QIVvSCtBh27SQAGEAQYAiABEgL8aPD_BwE

This thing is amazing. My charging time is less than 20 minutes. It's a blessing when I need to charge 3 batteries for the day.

Thank you guys!!

How long approx. of a charge would I be looking at?
A 6S 5000mah pack takes 5A and 111W to charge at 1C, so you will be charging at less than half of that and expect a bit over 2 hours when the pack is empty.

If you want a simple no fuss charger, the Hota d6 is pretty decent on AC 150w/15A per port and even more watts on DC, 325W/15A per port.
https://www.smc-racing.com/Chargers?product_id=541

If you max it out on AC, it will still charge a 6S 5000mah pack at about 1.5C (wattage limited), 45 minutes or so.
I purchased my first charger from Amazon when I started this hobby about 8 months back. The charger served the purpose of my journey.
8 months later ($3k), Senton 3s BLX, Senton 6S, Kraton EXB, Felony, Traxxas 1/10 Scale 4-Tec 2.0, and tons of upgrades, blood, sweat, and tears.
I own a Spektrum charger.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...MI-ODU_KCt7QIVvSCtBh27SQAGEAQYAiABEgL8aPD_BwE

This thing is amazing. My charging time is less than 20 minutes. It's a blessing when I need to charge 3 batteries for the day.
That's 100w/10A, so it will almost charge a 6S 5000mah at 1C.

Thanks guys!

Is there anything much better that's in the 150-200 price range that you'd suggest?

I'm leaning towards the Hota d6.

Get the Hota D6+, it's all you need.

Back