Kraton Is this correct ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 58033
this is a kraton I found online to compare . Seems like the holes all fall into the same exact spots .
But note that there are no notches near the holes where the chassis braces mount. You can't go by eye. Turn the servo mount and a longer front brace will work on the one you have. Definitely a different model.

It’s pretty easy to create a Kraton/Talion hybrid if you want to keep the chassis and go that route. I personally prefer this layout over that Kratons from a handling and weight distribution standpoint.
You’ll need to turn the servo 90 degrees and use v3/v4 Talion front and rear braces but everything else swaps over.

3ABFD05E-0840-4261-A31A-AD3C336E9611.jpeg
2D983BF8-F472-4655-8A65-CB22BFC17E45.jpeg
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/8s-kraton-build-from-spare-parts.14363/

It’s pretty easy to create a Kraton/Talion hybrid if you want to keep the chassis and go that route. I personally prefer this layout over that Kratons from a handling and weight distribution standpoint.
You’ll need to turn the servo 90 degrees and use v3/v4 Talion front and rear braces but everything else swaps over.

View attachment 58034View attachment 58036https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/8s-kraton-build-from-spare-parts.14363/
What about differential distance ?

Yes they both use the same two driveshafts, just swap the Kraton driveshafts front to rear; short shaft in the rear and long one up front for the Talion layout. I also feel that running the shorter of the 2 in the rear help from bending them as it takes more force to do so.

The distance between the front and rear differentials are the same between the Talion and Kraton, it’s only the center diff that’s been moved back.

Last edited:
Cage fits perfectly
933FAB8E-9EC6-4E0C-AFDE-2722B235991B.png
A77531DE-7539-435D-A31A-AA6408FCC19A.png

*One last benefit worth mentioning is the keyed bracing on the Talion layout, which is a superior design over the non-keyed brace found on the Kraton. All these little things add up to make this my preferred layout for all out bashing and strength

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back