Senton Is this good mesh just got a new motor and a 20t pniont

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
IMG20230104155121.jpg

I'm not good at mesh. This is second try.
IMG20230104155404.jpg

Looks like you need a little practice taking that transfer/gear case apart...🤣 Gear mesh is not just visual but also an audible thing. Now I will let the more qualified reply to this. Good luck!

@Tex Koder Need some help here!

What happened to your Power Module casing!?

Well, from the two pics provided.. the mesh looks alright..

Do you hear a slight clicking sound if you shimmy (rotate slightly) the spur gear back and forth?

What happened to your Power Module casing!?

Well, from the two pics provided.. the mesh looks alright..

Do you hear a slight clicking sound if you shimmy (rotate slightly) the spur gear back and forth?
Yes I hear the sound. I had a spare one and I cut to make better mesh. I'm not good!!

Yes I hear the sound. I had a spare one and I cut to make better mesh. I'm not good!!

Okay.
Then go out and have a good time.!
See how it performs.

Your power module casing needs to be replaced. The dirt and debris ingestion will tear up your spur gear, bearings and even the pinion very quickly. Getting the mesh right is your second concern.

Okay.
Then go out and have a good time.!
See how it performs.
does this sound fine? First time on aluminum.

I think I have used paper to set pinion mesh, but it's been a long time. I think (for aircraft) I was usually adjusting it without paper, until I could feel just a tiny bit of movement from wiggling the larger gear. So it was close, but there was still a small gap.

But if paper is a better method, thank you, I should try that.

Your power module casing needs to be replaced. The dirt and debris ingestion will tear up your spur gear, bearings and even the pinion very quickly. Getting the mesh right is your second concern.
That’s just a thing that some people do. They’ll cut a hole or a spot out of the rear of an extra spur case so that they can visually see the mesh. It’s extremely difficult to set proper mesh without the case being on and tight, so this is a crutch to help that.
does this sound fine? First time on aluminum.
It would be better to post a video of you rocking the spur gear back and forth so we could hear the tiny bit of clicking a good mesh gives you. From the sound of the video you posted it seems OK, but still that’s how I always do mesh, from the audible clicking sound it makes going back-and-forth.
Maybe it’s the photo angle, but is the pinion gear .08 mod? For some reason it almost looks like mod 1…

Last edited:
That’s just a thing that some people do. They’ll cut a hole or a spot out of the rear of an extra spur case so that they can visually see the mesh. It’s extremely difficult to set proper mesh without the case being on and tight, so this is a crutch to help that.

It would be better to post a video of you rocking the spur gear back and forth so we could hear the tiny bit of clicking a good mesh gives you. From the sound of the video you posted it seems OK, but still that’s how I always do mesh, from the audible clicking sound it makes going back-and-forth.
Maybe it’s the photo angle, but is the pinion gear .08 mod? For some reason it almost looks like mod 1…
Interesting...I learned something...makes sense regarding the hole cut! I was concerned he was going to run it that way.

Vorteks pinion 20t 0.8 mod

I believe with 0.8 mod you want it a little tighter.
For mod 1 you would set it up about how you have it pictured.
Even tighter??!??!! I can't do that. It's good enough for me
24# copy paper is your best friend. Looks like Chucky attacked your motor case.
Christmas Horror GIF by absurdnoise
YouTube life hacks fault 😂 for easier mesh set up

Even tighter??!??!! I can't do that. It's good enough for me

Geing metal gears it should be fine. A looser mesh reduces friction so the motor will be happy.

Only issue is where there is some flex in the motor plate or chassis and the gears pull apart another 1-2 mm you might shred em.

Geing metal gears it should be fine. A looser mesh reduces friction so the motor will be happy.

Only issue is where there is some flex in the motor plate or chassis and the gears pull apart another 1-2 mm you might shred em.
I am not bashing that hard. Maybe some jumps but not that high. Also alot of people told me I'm good. Anyways killed the slipper clutch before I could run it. It was brand new.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back