Granite is this is this normal? (bent motor mount?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could always cut some hard neoprene, or some other fairly stiff rubber and secure it between the motor and the electronics box. I honestly think that aluminum is the wrong choice for the motor mount plate, and it should be something stronger... something like spring steel, or just at least something that won’t completely compromise the structural integrity of the piece from one hard hit
Yes, I agree that something stronger than aluminum would be a better aftermarket choice for the motor mount.

I’ll be damned. My first issue with my Typhon 3s is this very problem.

Crashes don’t hurt anything at all but the G-forces bend the motor mount.
Strange.

I cannot locate the M2C part.
any other choices?

Last edited:
DBB38CC5-7FFB-46B7-88DF-797C5FA1A7F8.jpeg

I carefully straightened the motor mount and reassembled. The motor screws left impressions where they were set at the factory. The mesh was way too loose.

I was going to use a block of wood but couldn’t locate any so I cut a piece of PVC pipe that hopefully will not let the motor shift forward and re-bend the weak motor mount.

I also installed a TBR front bumper. That should cushion my next hard crash hopefully.

Is there space under the motor? If so, I would imagine when you drop down from height and land on all wheels the force on the motor slapping down could bend the mount too. If so, sliding a piece of firm material in the gap would help I think.

Did you solve the mesh problem? My Granite didn't have washers under the motor screws. When I tried to adjust the mesh and tightened the screws it moved back to the factory position due to impressions in the mount. I found some washers that fit and the problem was solved.

I’ll be damned. My first issue with my Typhon 3s is this very problem.

Crashes don’t hurt anything at all but the G-forces bend the motor mount.
Strange.

I cannot locate the M2C part.
any other choices?
Well you know it’s not the speed that kills.... it’s that whole suddenly becoming stationary part. That’s what gets ya?

Is there space under the motor? If so, I would imagine when you drop down from height and land on all wheels the force on the motor slapping down could bend the mount too. If so, sliding a piece of firm material in the gap would help I think.

Did you solve the mesh problem? My Granite didn't have washers under the motor screws. When I tried to adjust the mesh and tightened the screws it moved back to the factory position due to impressions in the mount. I found some washers that fit and the problem was solved.
That’s a good point and I’ll check that out and possibly address it, but I don’t really get more than 3 feet of air. And the amount of bend in the motor mount indicates equal top and bottom deflection. Looks like the motor went forward.
I didn’t find any washers. But we’ll see if it holds.

That’s a good point and I’ll check that out and possibly address it, but I don’t really get more than 3 feet of air. And the amount of bend in the motor mount indicates equal top and bottom deflection. Looks like the motor went forward.

I didn’t find any washers. But we’ll see if it holds.
I DID find some washers. Now I feel better.

159A747B-22ED-4F09-BF94-696699BFE468.jpeg

I DID find some washers. Now I feel better.

View attachment 113026

That mesh looks too tight. I'd loosen it a bit, there should be a little bit of play in the teeth back and forth and you'll need to spin the spur a few times to check for tight spots.

That mesh looks too tight. I'd loosen it a bit, there should be a little bit of play in the teeth back and forth and you'll need to spin the spur a few times to check for tight spots.
I tinkered with it a few times before taking that photo.
I agree. It does look tight.
After looking at the photo, then at the gears I figured it was the angle of the camera. The camera was too far to the right. The small gear is taller.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back