Is this mesh between pinion and spur ok? (Not arrma related)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI, Mod 1.0 is general stronger for high power heavier Rigs. 32 Pitch(.8Mod) and smaller (48P,64P)generally give you more gear ratio combinations as they get to a finer pitch, but are less durable.
Note above: 32Pitch=.8 Module. They are an acceptable match for RC. So when shopping remember that.

Last edited:
Tekno makes really nice gears. Just make sure your motor's shaft is a fit to the pinion that you get. There are generally 2 size motor shafts. Very important to note. Most Mod 1.0 gears are for a 5mm motor shaft. But can be found in smaller 3.175mm(1/8") Check your motor first and measure with a caliper or similar if its not obvious to your eye. With this in hand you can shop it. Good luck:cool:
Most 32Pitch gears are for 3.175mm shaft motors.

Last edited:
UPDATE:
Right, so I've worked out that the spur and pinion where in fact both mod 1 using the pitch calculator, but I am going to gear down both the spur and pinion just because a 62t spur is way too big.
Can anyone recommend a good (and controllable) pinion and spur combo, I was thinking 16t pinion and 48t or so spur?
(Motor shaft is 5mm by the way)

The closer the ratio is to 1:1 the more top speed you'll get out of the rig. The wider the ratio essentially the more acceleration you get from the rig. This one is kind of hard to say this is the best, as it's strictly up to the owner/driver and what they feel. You may have to play with some combos to find what you like best!! ? (y)

Yeah guess you're right, I think ill stick with 48t and 16t try it out and fingers crossed it doesn’t blow up the esc ✌️

Keep more of an eye on the Motor temps. The ESC will have no issues pushing the power to the motor. You'll want to keep an eye on the temps of the Motor because of the gearing change in the truck. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back