Is this motor gonna fit, and is it any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Max6 with the 4985 1650kv is a beast on 6s.
I love mine enough to torture it on 8s which produces a grin that stretches all the way from my left earlobe, across my entire face to my right one. ?

The 4585 motor I have says rocket on the side. You need to elongate one mounting hole around. 05" on your mount. It's okay but like the hw 4985 better. They are not the same motor for sure. I have both, hw runs cooler, and has more power. The rocket is half the price though. Mine was 65 bucks shipped. It will find a home in another car soon.

Max6 with the 4985 1650kv is a beast on 6s.
I love mine enough to torture it on 8s which produces a grin that stretches all the way from my left earlobe, across my entire face to my right one. ?
I went with the 4985 Hobbywing bought directly from them. Also just picked up a 19t & 20t pinion to go with it. I know 8S is an "option", but think 6s is plenty for me. What pinion are people running with the 4985?

What's tire will you be running and what's your target top speed?

With this HW motor ESC combo I've been 73mph in my Outcast with a 20t pinion 50t spur on Backflip tires. My Kraton is geared higher at 20t pinion 46t spur on the smaller backflip LPs that are strapped, but on 8s.

19 or 20 tooth pinion should be perfect

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back