Is this motor trashed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yammo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
So dunno much about motors so excuse me if I don’t use the technical terms but took my BLX 6s motor apart and looks like the protective wrap has shredded off quite a bit and two of the magnets are broken in half. I’m assuming there is nothing I can do to fix this and I can’t just buy the center core section with just the shaft n magnets and all try to salvage the can? Probably wouldn’t even be worth trying right little chunks of magnet were loose so probably damaged the inside of the can. No clue I dunno much about this stuff so turning to you guys for advice.

Attachments

• 43C5637A-0D5F-4F41-8449-27818AC405F8.jpeg
    43C5637A-0D5F-4F41-8449-27818AC405F8.jpeg
    378.9 KB · Views: 95
R.I.P, now go get a new one and enjoy.

I’d keep the can around though. Looks like you threw a magnet, which usually means the can is still good. If your second motor gets a short somewhere, you can put the new shaft into your old can.

Believe it or not, awhile ago manufacturers would sell the shaft assemblies separate. It took a chunk out of their new motor sales though because people could just keep rebuilding their old ones until the can shorted. Sadly they stopped selling those rebuild kits.

Last edited:
Rip what caused that
Hell if I know haha. Was running fine like less than a min into a run took her off the first jump of the run and mid air it was like I just slammed on the brakes even though I was going to hit the throttle for a backflip. Seemed like the motor seized mid air and knew I something was wrong. Honestly think it’s just my luck with this Outcast, it just can’t get right. I mean I broke teeth off both diff main gears and and ESC took a poop on me in the first 5 min of running the thing and it seems like it’s been a constant battle since. Thought I finally had everything lined out and the motor grenades itself...

Hell if I know haha. Was running fine like less than a min into a run took her off the first jump of the run and mid air it was like I just slammed on the brakes even though I was going to hit the throttle for a backflip. Seemed like the motor seized mid air and knew I something was wrong. Honestly think it’s just my luck with this Outcast, it just can’t get right. I mean I broke teeth off both diff main gears and and ESC took a poop on me in the first 5 min of running the thing and it seems like it’s been a constant battle since. Thought I finally had everything lined out and the motor grenades itself...
How old is your outcast? If its less than 2 years old you can warranty the motor

I’m thinking either you or the truck may be cursed...
have you considered seeing a witch doctor???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back