Is this normal for Backflip tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Block the wheel holes, vent the tyres with 1/8 or 3/16 brass rod sharpened in a drill, start with two holes directly opposite each other in the center of the tread. If your tyres/wheels get wet from the inside(through the wheel vent holes) and you have no tyre venting, the wet foam insert will have no where to go, but out of the tyre. Tyre venting helps with dry tyres too, it reduces ballooning at high speed. I run two 1/8 holes in my Backflips and they have been awesome no issues at all.

Hi!
Is it normal for the foam to passthrough the tire on Backflip tires? See image below. have been driving with them for around 5 time the first time it happend now a second tire have the same problem? Running on a Fazon with 6S, is it to powerful?

full

BR
F
I never had a problem with my Outcast. But i destroyed the PROLINE TIRES i bought in 1 ride on 6s. PROLINE TIRES are made with really cheap rubber.

No thats not normal. You have to reglue the tire

I reglued the tires and they're holding up fine after a 6s pack doing nothing but speed runs. By "normal", I mean "expected" given the circumstances in which I put it through and the frequency that others with the same tires have experienced.

I never had a problem with my Outcast. But i destroyed the PROLINE TIRES i bought in 1 ride on 6s. PROLINE TIRES are made with really cheap rubber.
Which proline tires did you wreck in one run? Just curious... this whole 6s thing is hard because tires are just not built for the massive power we are running these days. It's great fun but gets expensive quick!
BASH ON!!!

So I know strapping will eliminate ballooning, but is traction improved as well? In dirt. I'd assume so...
To be honest I don't really think it makes a difference in the traction.

D7D1EBA9-A289-4D76-8543-32F296141408.jpeg
I strapped my tires using braided fishing line through the treads. So far this has eliminated ballooning. I also vented my tires and plugged the rim holes.
D7D1EBA9-A289-4D76-8543-32F296141408.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back