Is this normal for Backflip tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fazoner

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
Hi!
Is it normal for the foam to passthrough the tire on Backflip tires? See image below. have been driving with them for around 5 time the first time it happend now a second tire have the same problem? Running on a Fazon with 6S, is it to powerful?

full

BR
F

With 6S, I'm not sure there are many tires out there that can take the strain put on them when in the air at WOT. On the ground, they never come close to the speeds they reach when in the air. My bashing buddy is finding that out the hard way on his talion. For a very long time, he had his ESC running in reverse and didn't know it and it was at 60% power. He didn't blow out a single tire for a year. Then about a month ago, his friend with a program box figured out he's been running in reverse all this time at 60% power and they adjusted it so he's now running forward at 100%. He's blown 4 tires apart since. He got so used to pinning it in the air to do flips and pinning it while on the ground to do wheelies when he was at 60%, that he still does it. When on the ground, it does a wheelie and the center diff just unloads to the front tires. He's blown 2 tires doing wheelies and 2 while doing flips... in a month. 2 were pro-line badlands and 2 were traxxas t-maxx 3.3 tires. All 4 of them just blew apart in random areas due to the excess force of pinning it when the tires weren't on the ground.

Yep
Self righted yesterday with my big pinion in and instantly blew both fronts off the rims
IMG_6702.JPG
IMG_6703.JPG

- Lesson learned

The stock glue sucks!!! Haha all of mine have come off the rim on my Outcast. I used Pro Line glue and no issues since. Fronts are usually the first to go because of wheelies. I put 1 mill in my center diff and now it wheelies like crazy and the front tires don't balloon while in a wheelie. Love it.

The stock glue sucks!!! Haha all of mine have come off the rim on my Outcast. I used Pro Line glue and no issues since. Fronts are usually the first to go because of wheelies. I put 1 mill in my center diff and now it wheelies like crazy and the front tires don't balloon while in a wheelie. Love it.
1M oil?!?! That has to be like silly putty!

I would assume the center diff is what saves axles in these kinds of trucks. If not used for race tuning, then going thick is preferred to keep diffing out to a minimum when doing wheelies, but 1M seems it would remove any/all diff action entirely which kind of removes your power dissipating spot when landing. Especially since they don't have a slipper of some sort to give at least a little.

1M oil?!?! That has to be like silly putty!

I would assume the center diff is what saves axles in these kinds of trucks. If not used for race tuning, then going thick is preferred to keep diffing out to a minimum when doing wheelies, but 1M seems it would remove any/all diff action entirely which kind of removes your power dissipating spot when landing. Especially since they don't have a slipper of some sort to give at least a little.

Haha it still slips but no where near as much. I've seen videos of people putting 2 mil in the center diff, which is what the new E revo 2.0 comes with, silly putty from the dollar store and even silicon ear plugs. Haha I wouldn't try that personally but to each their own I guess. I don't send it very high when I jump it. Plus I live in the middle of nowhere so it spends a lot of time in the woods where i need better 4x4 action.

Haha it still slips but no where near as much. I've seen videos of people putting 2 mil in the center diff, which is what the new E revo 2.0 comes with, silly putty from the dollar store and even silicon ear plugs. Haha I wouldn't try that personally but to each their own I guess. I don't send it very high when I jump it. Plus I live in the middle of nowhere so it spends a lot of time in the woods where i need better 4x4 action.

That revo has 20 mil, & it's pretty much silly putty. 1 & 2 mil is still easily turnable by hand. As for the Backflip tires, the stock glue sucks but venting them goes a long way in keeping them from exploding. I have 3 sets of them & all 3 are being ran hard with no complications.

Thanks for all the input, guess I have to much power, thought that was impossible ;)

Unfortunately during my last run on of the tire peeled like a banana :p so i have to get a couple of new ones.

That revo has 20 mil, & it's pretty much silly putty. 1 & 2 mil is still easily turnable by hand. As for the Backflip tires, the stock glue sucks but venting them goes a long way in keeping them from exploding. I have 3 sets of them & all 3 are being ran hard with no complications.

I must of overlooked a zero. My bad. I think the e revo has a slipper clutch so it can handle it. I didn't really look it over to much.

I must of overlooked a zero. My bad. I think the e revo has a slipper clutch so it can handle it. I didn't really look it over to much.

No slipper. It has the "cush" drive like the X-Maxx & XO-1. It also can easily shred its tires just like the X-Maxx :rolleyes:

It's like the deisel throttle jockey who has 2000 hp and can't figure out why they snapped another drive line. Tons of power will rip things apart if not used properly. :D

I know....
but it just so fun

#FanOfAllThingsOverPowered

Heck yeah! I was thinking about building a shadow box for all my ripped blown and bald tires :cool:

Lol! Back to the initial post. I don't think that normal, but I'd probably patch the inside of the tire to prevent this from happening again. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the image.

I ended tearing one of mine about 2-3 packs in, glued it back together and strapped them with Kevlar kite string no more balloons.
9rV98mQl.jpg

I ended tearing one of mine about 2-3 packs in, glued it back together and strapped them with Kevlar kite string no more balloons.
9rV98mQl.jpg
So I know strapping will eliminate ballooning, but is traction improved as well? In dirt. I'd assume so...

I run 100K center diff, never blown out a tire, but that just looks like bad glue job, easy fix.

I had the same problem, blew out 3 tires all within minutes of each other. First real bash session I had 2 of them mushroomed out and one tore free of the rim. Unfortunately it ruined all 3 tires so I had to toss them.

What are you guys using to get the tires off of the old rims? Mine didnt come unglued, they tore. I saved the wheels so I could put new tires on them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back