Kraton Is this normal or is it bent?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Dusty-

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
Trying to troubleshoot some stuff. I am having issues with my center diff binding. I was just wondering if its normal for the chassis to have a bend in it.

Edit: It was answered in another thread. Thanks!

IMG_0279.JPG

Normal like everyone’s ends up bent sooner or later or normal like that is how they come? My lipos came out with a similar bend the other day, which lead me to find my chassis bent, which I assumed was from lawn darting large jumps. I tried to bend it back but didn’t have any luck. Not too worried about the chassis but bending lipos like that does not seem like a good idea!

Im not sure it is but I don't really know since I didn't check it when I first got it. Comparing the chassis with the outcast chassis, on the outcast there is no bend after the center diff area and its pretty straight all the way to the back. On my kraton the bend starts at the center. Plus it doesn't seem like an "even" factory bend.

It would also explain why the center diff bearings are binding. Really want to know for sure because I don't want to spend money on a new chassis and it end up not being the problem.

Normal like everyone’s ends up bent sooner or later or normal like that is how they come?

I guess Im just wondering if this bend could be the problem causing my center diff area to bind. I just want to be sure before I go buy a new chassis.

Last edited:
That looks like it starts to bend right under the motor mount, and it should be flat there.
YDEBOowh.jpg

That spot always gets a ripple eventually due to the fact that it's in between the front and rear chassis brace. Not much you can do to prevent it outside of running a tower 2 tower brace, and even then all it does is minimize the amount it can bend

That spot always gets a ripple eventually due to the fact that it's in between the front and rear chassis brace. Not much you can do to prevent it outside of running a tower 2 tower brace, and even then all it does is minimize the amount it can bend

Yea, Im going to have to do the tower to tower. Im still quite new with RC's and I been doing a few lawn dart landings. I think thats what caused the bend in my kraton, and I want to prevent it with the outcast as well.

Yea, Im going to have to do the tower to tower. Im still quite new with RC's and I been doing a few lawn dart landings. I think thats what caused the bend in my kraton, and I want to prevent it with the outcast as well.

Your Outcast should be harder to bend since it is a shorter chassis. The Kraton definitely flexes more. I am very familiar with the lawn dart landing! It happens when I mess up flips while jumping.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back