Kraton Is this normal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyk49

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Voltage
Is it normal to have some grease stuck to the inside of the body? There was some grease stains running the stock diff oil and I changed it to 500k. Seems like more stains now. The diff gasket was slightly torn. I also see some sparks under hard acceleration. I put the speed gear in it and was thinking my mesh was too tight. But I’m not sure. It feels ok. I added a dynamite fan to keep the temps down and got the chance to test it out tonight in the dark and saw sparks.

7FA4A680-A957-42C3-B934-5A27ECF63F43.jpeg

Is it normal to have some grease stuck to the inside of the body? There was some grease stains running the stock diff oil and I changed it to 500k. Seems like more stains now. The diff gasket was slightly torn. I also see some sparks under hard acceleration. I put the speed gear in it and was thinking my mesh was too tight. But I’m not sure. It feels ok. I added a dynamite fan to keep the temps down and got the chance to test it out tonight in the dark and saw sparks.
yeah diff leaking not good

I think your mesh may be too tight as well....or your alignment off. I’ve ran mine in the dark and never noticed sparks. Do you have a V4 with the adjustable mount? I ask because it doesn’t hold the motor parallel very well when you lock it down. I find the right mesh, then take my left thumb and push against the pinion (pushing the motor plate into the mount forcing it to stay true) and then I snug up the screws.

I think your mesh may be too tight as well....or your alignment off. I’ve ran mine in the dark and never noticed sparks. Do you have a V4 with the adjustable mount? I ask because it doesn’t hold the motor parallel very well when you lock it down. I find the right mesh, then take my left thumb and push against the pinion (pushing the motor plate into the mount forcing it to stay true) and then I snug up the screws.
Yes it’s a V4. It wasn’t a lot of sparks but enough to grab my attention. The mesh feels good but it may be not aligned properly. I though I saw a spark and turned my outside lights off so I could see better and sure enough, every now and then I’d see sparks. I’ll check it out tomorrow and reset the mesh how you described. Thanks man!!!
No that is not normal, your center diff is leaking.
yeah diff leaking not good
Ok thanks man. It’s done it since day 1. When I changed the pinion gear I changed the diff oil and the gasket was torn a little bit but not all the way through. Must be a factory flaw. I see if I can find a replacement.

No problem man. You should probably buy some new gaskets. The gasket on my brand new Typhon was torn causing leaking. It’s not normal.
I just ordered a pack of 3. I was wondering since day one if that was normal. I also have a DHK Maximus that also has a center diff and it doesn’t do that. I wasn’t sure if it was an Arrma thing lol but I did notice the diff gasket had a slight tear about a 1/3 of the way thru it. Guess I have more wrenching to do ha. These Arrmas are pretty easy to work on compared to my DHK. My son has the brcc 3s and I have the v4 Kraton. They are built well and easy to work on. I’m trying to decide if I want the talion or typhon next.

Yes it’s a V4. It wasn’t a lot of sparks but enough to grab my attention. The mesh feels good but it may be not aligned properly. I though I saw a spark and turned my outside lights off so I could see better and sure enough, every now and then I’d see sparks. I’ll check it out tomorrow and reset the mesh how you described. Thanks man!!!

Ok thanks man. It’s done it since day 1. When I changed the pinion gear I changed the diff oil and the gasket was torn a little bit but not all the way through. Must be a factory flaw. I see if I can find a replacement.
My center diff leaked out of the box too.
I would use these over the stock ones.

-edit- oops wth the link didnt post sorry https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-Krat...514135?hash=item3b3f62dcd7:g:wCQAAOSwyXFauCrQ

Last edited:

View attachment 61718
Check your chassis below the center spur for signs that it's touching. Spur might be coming out of line under hard acceleration. Make sure the bearings are seated properly.

My center diff leaked out of the box too. I blame the 6 year old Chinese kid who built mine.
What “these” are you referring to? I’ll order them too haha my wife cringes at my amazon/rc addiction Lol just ordered 2 more 6s lipos and stock diff gaskets.

My center diff leaked out of the box too. I blame the 6 year old Chinese kid who built mine.
Kind of a sh!tty thing to say about some poor kid that might be forced into working in a factory so we can have things cheaper than if they were made locally.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back