Outcast Is this normal???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I have been scratchign my head for a long time about this. Is it normal for my stock pinions to end up looking like this after a few days?? Its really noisy when i rev the car inside my garage same when im outside and reving it but not much when its running on the ground. Is it woth getting a harder pinion?
IMG_1685.JPG
IMG_1687.JPG

I have been scratchign my head for a long time about this. Is it normal for my stock pinions to end up looking like this after a few days?? Its really noisy when i rev the car inside my garage same when im outside and reving it but not much when its running on the ground. Is it woth getting a harder pinion?View attachment 69702View attachment 69703
How tight was your mesh? That’s some quick wear.

That was too tight. Look how the spur teeth look like a shark fin. Get yourself a new set and change those bearings while you are at it. If you don't have the adjustable mount I highly recommend it. It can be a bit of a pain to set mesh due to the power module. Lots of great videos showing different ways.

That was too tight. Look how the spur teeth look like a shark fin. Get yourself a new set and change those bearings while you are at it. If you don't have the adjustable mount I highly recommend it. It can be a bit of a pain to set mesh due to the power module. Lots of great videos showing different ways.
Don’t start him on the motor mount again ????✌?✌?

I have the adjustable mount and my bearings are almost brand new
Don’t start him on the motor mount again ????✌?✌?
?
The shark fins on the spur is because of the edges of the pinion gear rubbing on the edges of the spur teeths

I have the adjustable mount and my bearings are almost brand new

?
The shark fins on the spur is because of the edges of the pinion gear rubbing on the edges of the spur teeths
Lol ok. Unfortunately it's one of those things where you just start fresh. One bad part can kill other parts. All the parts are extremely cheap so why not start fresh and have no worries. ?
Adjustable motor mount!!!!

Lol ok. Unfortunately it's one of those things where you just start fresh. One bad part can kill other parts. All the parts are extremely cheap so why not start fresh and have no worries. ?
Adjustable motor mount!!!!
Well i rrmplaced the pinion and it lasted only a few days before it started to look like the old pinion i have a 15t pinion from arrma and it has a slight wear marks
I always get the same gear,esh everytime if when i turn the sput and i have one spot where its hard to turn my gearmesh is too tight

Something isn't right. I beat the crap out of mine still on stock gears.
I would at least change spur. It is worn.
You have a 4s truck?
Idk whats wrong if i make the ,esh a bit tighter it start to make funny noise when running
A lot of stuff is not right with me even grease doesn't want to stay on my diff gears and they start running dry
Some really voodou crap

You have a 4s truck?
Idk whats wrong if i make the ,esh a bit tighter it start to make funny noise when running
A lot of stuff is not right with me even grease doesn't want to stay on my diff gears and they start running dry
No I don't own a 4s I do however have 3 6s and 2 6s arrma rigs. But more then that 17 years in the hobby. If you want pm me and we will get you all set. If not then red and tacky is the grease you want. Replace both spur and pinion at same time. When you check mesh you want just enough to rotate 1.5 to 2 mm that paper trick works well if you are unsure. I just read your build thread and noticed all the issues you are having or have had.

No I don't own a 4s I do however have 3 6s and 2 6s arrma rigs. But more then that 17 years in the hobby. If you want pm me and we will get you all set. If not then red and tacky is the grease you want. Replace both spur and pinion at same time. When you check mesh you want just enough to rotate 1.5 to 2 mm that paper trick works well if you are unsure. I just read your build thread and noticed all the issues you are having or have had.
The 3s line had a plastic spur so i don't think it can really get damaged. The spur i okay the sour is like 40$ here and i have two of them its just the edges who are shark looking just on one side. And the 6s rigs might be using a harder pinion than what the 4s rigs use
And i use red and tacky first run the teeths were half dry
REgreased it and did not check again yesterday im a bit tired to remove the power module and open the diff everyday

Guess ya just gotta sell the rig then.
The other car i could get when i sell it will be the 6s kraton and i will need to spend and extra 500$ on it because i could sell the car for 400$ then the kraton 6s is 880 with taxes included + lipos and minor uogrades not happening
Idk why im the only one having those kind of issues
Kevin talbot is killing the crap of it oucast 4s and he did not have any drivetrain issues

I have been scratchign my head for a long time about this. Is it normal for my stock pinions to end up looking like this after a few days?? Its really noisy when i rev the car inside my garage same when im outside and reving it but not much when its running on the ground. Is it woth getting a harder pinion?View attachment 69702View attachment 69703
That spur gear is done too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back